TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my tbird ( 1993 super coupe ) has the jbl sound system, and i got the add on cd player from my boss. It didnt come with it, and im wondering if i would have the hook ups for it, i didnt see any. And if not, are there wires that i can splice into to hook up a connector for it? thanks again

·
Registered
178 Posts
Don't splice the factory wiring harnass.

By a harnass adapter from Best Buy, Wal-Mart, or a local stereo shop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well..its the factory cd player...and i would like to hook it to the factory head unit..there isnt any aftermarket stuff at all....would they still have it?

·
Registered
178 Posts
What year is the CD Player?

I would say get the year of the CD Player and pull a search on the internet for its color coding of the output. Then I would still buy a wiring harnass if it does not hook straight up to the factory wiring harnass. (It makes things a lot easier if you want to sell the car down the road.)

If you still have questions, post here the model number of the CD Player and the year of your car. I think we can get this one solved.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I think if you have CD controls on the face of your factory head unit you should be able to hook it up. Or at least that is how was on my dads Lincoln Town Car.

Not for sure though. Have you pulled your head unit out to look behind it?
Hope that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts