TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got a used 1996 Exploder we just picked up and resold locally at the shop. The new buyers want to know the keyless entry code, but we don't have the tag.

Is there someplace on the vehicle the code is located? I know the factory code cannot be changed and it has to be written somewhere. I found on the Internet where some 2002 Exploder owner just popped the defrost cover off the top of the dash and looked with a flashlight down the dash. He said the code was on the keyless module that could be seen by the glove compartment.

Well, I tried that and it didn't work.....

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
In the luggage compartment, where the jack is (drivers side).

·
Administrator
8,008 Posts
In the luggage compartment, where the jack is (drivers side).
Rick,

Yeah, in the back on the drivers side. Pop the cover off the panel and there's a tag in there with the code. While you're in there, you can fill the reservoir for the rear window washer! :D

Joe

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My boss and the new owner did look there, but they said they didn't look very good. I called the new owner this morning and told him to look in there better.

Thank you all for your help. I'll let you know if they are successful in finding it! :)

·
Registered
962 Posts
My boss and the new owner did look there, but they said they didn't look very good. I called the new owner this morning and told him to look in there better.

Thank you all for your help. I'll let you know if they are successful in finding it! :)
If not there, they head up to any dealer, should be able to get it there.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your responses! I relayed the info, and I'll check with them later this week to see if they got it figured out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts