TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do yo think this is a great deal I was going to let these guys built me a custom engine for my 1995 bird. With ported and posilhed heads. All together with putting it in it came to $3000.00 .

·
Registered
472 Posts
Even with a stock rebuild that seems a little on the cheap side?

What kind of build are we talking here?

It cost me around $4000 for a mostly stock rebuild on a 3.8 SC with R & R.
Minor upgrade on bearings, pistons, rods, gaskets and oil pump basically.
I may be forgetting a few things.

I wanted to do a 400 + RWHP buildup on my old 1994 SC but the quote I got for this was about $15,000 start to finish from Aldridge Motorsports in Portland.
I bought my car that I currently have for less than that so that killed that idea.

And I got kinda screwed by the motor builder, but that's a very long story for another day.

My advice is go with a crate motor from a very reputable seller with the R&R done by a very reputable mechanic.

Or better yet buy something already done, it will save you a lot of money and headaches. For Example

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=100880

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
waste o cash. The F4 cast heads are already teh suk. You can get something better in the form of a low mileage PI or assembly one with good stuff.

·
The Parts Guy
7,305 Posts
And you're specs are?

We have no idea if it's a good price or not, if we don't know what parts are going into the build and what work is being done.

-Rod

1 - 6 of 6 Posts