TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok

heres my story i was going 60km/h in a 40 zone i tought it was a 50 zone but anyway!

i saw a camera taking picture of me! at first i didnt realize but the second time i was like ho ****! those thing are taking picture of my plate!

so i want to know if its just to scare people or its the real thing??
ho they are attach to the street car line and i thing it take picture of your plate when you pass the 20 over!

its near queen st. near the cn tower

ho and do you thing i can fight it??

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
one major argument you can make is prove any device can operate 100% perfectly 100% of the time.

there's similar things going on here in the states -- do a google search, you'll find some stuff on it.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Contact your local media, or police dept. Ours here were just a warning. But they sent out to all TV news media, and newspapers, the day that they were officially writing the ticket. If it hasnt been made public to the people, im pretty sure they cannot give you a ticket, but not sure on the Canadian laws are but.......good luck and watch out for the eye in the sky

EH...... { i love it when you Canadians always say EH}

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
It's photo radar. It was implemented here in BC a few years back and the new govt eliminated it and sold off the equipment. Maybe Ontario bought it. ;) Initially, there was a grace period, where they would send you a picture without a fine.

It was actually better than getting a ticket because they could not assess points because they couldn't prove who was driving. You would just be fined through a picture and ticket mailed to the registered person.

After they removed it, I accumulated 12 points in 2001. OUCH, EH! I could always slow down in time for the camera with my detector, but not always the officers.

:evil4:

Better check on what the govt is doing.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
I remember seeing those cameras all over Germany in the late 1980s. That photo radar was, and probably still is, big in Germany. Their rules were: it doesn't matter who was driving, the car's owner is the one who is responsible.

There was a story a while back about this stuff, in California, I think. A driver received a photo in the mail, with a ticket stating the fine. The driver sent in a photo of the cash for the fine. The police sent the driver a photo of handcuffs. The driver paid the fine.

·
8,239 Posts
You can get some of that coating that you spray on the license plate that supposingly defeats photoradar for next time. I have seen it around, and been curious to see how it works.

I can't see how they could issue a speeding ticket like that, because say if you let your girlfriend drive the car, would you get the ticket because you own the car?

Strange things happening up there in Canada.

JH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts