TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need some help. I've spent too long searching around and I am unable to find answers.

First, If I go with 99-04 Bilstein Cobra rear shocks F4-BE5-C265-HO, what is the best front shocks as I think that OEM FORD Front Sport shocks are unavailable.

Second, I also need rear control arm bushings and sway bar link pins. Where is the best place to get these. Is their a site I can all my suspension parts from to save on shipping? Or if I could just get your favorite part sites that carry what I need.

Third, I read somewhere once that some suspension parts on the Mark VIII's are lighter. Is this true? If so what parts? How much lighter? What year Marks?

Thanks very much in advance

·
Super Moderator
12,652 Posts
You can ask around, there may still be some '97 sport shocks available. As of December 8, 2008 Jon had 2 left in stock.

Otherwise go with the Koni.

See this thread:

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=118513

Get your Bilsteins here.

http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/product.cfm/id/14964/name/BE5-C265-HO-Bilstein-Ford-Mustang-Cobra

I got my front UCA's from autopartswarehouse.com for a good price and free shipping.

Get your Ford bushings from Jon Keefer at the contact info below:

Acton Lincoln-Mercury
888-384-2841
978-893-1127(direct)
[email protected]

Ford and Moog part numbers can be found in THIS THREAD

Yes, the lower spring cups on the back of Mark VIII's are alumnium and weigh less than the cast iron spring cups on other MN12's. I'm not sure if this is only for certain years. I think the weight savings may be negligable - may be 5 lbs per side. If anybody knows for certain I'd like to hear the exact weight difference; per side or total.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be ideal to get those last two sport shocks, but that thread is sortof old. I posted anyway. Thanks for telling me about autopartswarehouse.com.
I hope I don't need UCA's. Is this something normally replaced when fixing the suspension? I took my car to a shop and got an estimate on everything that needed replacing on my bird and they only said shocks, rear control arm bushings and my sway bar links.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts