TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO its only december and i know i have 4-5 months to go before race season starts up again, so i figured i'd take on a little project. I'm still looking for a mark viii or mn12 to replace my cougar, but i want to build an import car for the "import wars" class at the dragway as kind of a joke. Theres a local honda club that heads up the class, and i always show up to test and tune on the same night in my "your honda sucks" t-shirt.

heres some import action-

and me-

so anyway....i wanna build an import on a budjet of under 500 bucks including the car. i want to be able to find important parts on ebay for really cheap money (stickers wings taillights and fartpipes.)i go to auctions weekly and i see options (subaru outbacks are cheap but have headgasket issues, mazda 626s are ok but kinda expensive, and hondas are pretty much outta the question) im thinking a mid 90s mitsu galant would be cool because they are quite roomy and im a tall guy. a subaru outback (if i can find one with no motor probs) would be nice b/c awd rocks. Either way i want to get an auto because all these ricers in "import wars" have sticks and cant seem to run their dial because they never shift at the same point and they cant stage for beans. and im deff going to do a rattle can paintjob with "powered by hampsters" or somthing on the back window in vinyl....what do u guys think?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve Cougar 25th said:
What times do you get in your Cougar?

As for your idea? Why rice it out, why not just beat them at their own game. Maybe they will catch on that wings don't do anything?
its an 1/8th mile and my best time was a 9.86 on a .53 r/t my mods are listed on my cardomain....i think lol.

and i just bascially want to put a wing on and all that to mock them....cuz im an ***

The Great Obucina said:
want it quick? get a CRX and B18 swap it.
for under 500 bucks? it doesnt even need to be fast, id like to run 12s in the 1/8th and still beat em all hehe

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Audiobahnbird said:
its an 1/8th mile and my best time was a 9.86 on a .53 r/t my mods are listed on my cardomain....i think lol.

and i just bascially want to put a wing on and all that to mock them....cuz im an ***

for under 500 bucks? it doesnt even need to be fast, id like to run 12s in the 1/8th and still beat em all hehe

it would be cool to make it fast;) and JDM it...

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im trying to be an ***....not cool...ill save the cool for my mn12 or mark viii hehe. oh and my malibu of course (nostalgia)

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Audiobahnbird said:
im trying to be an ***....not cool...ill save the cool for my mn12 or mark viii hehe. oh and my malibu of course (nostalgia)
so you wanna be a douchetard on purpose? hell, get every ebay ricer thing there!

·
Super Moderator
7,493 Posts
Dude, get yourself a hyundai excel or something along those lines. I can't imagine anyone would expect more than $500 for one of those. And you should paint it with like dayglo green rustoleum from home depot!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
The thing is, I don't think anyone would get the joke.
But I have had the same thoughts about getting into import racing. I have been to several of these races, and watched coverage on TV, and there is really bad and inconsistent competition out there. There is opprtunity to make some money in a lot of those classes. I'm going to be in the market for a new daily driver in a couple months, and I'm hung up on what to buy.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Great Obucina said:
so you wanna be a douchetard on purpose? hell, get every ebay ricer thing there!
yup...thats the plan lol

so far all of the stuff ive read about outbacks and galants is all bad. a hyundai wouldnt be bad but i know they alos have headgasket problems and theyre really uncomfortable....but theyre are incredibly cheap at the auctions i go to. Geo prisms are good because theyre cheap and theyre basically a corolla. metros are even cooler but are surprizingly expensive with the rising fuel costs. Sometimes i see early 90s benzes with high mileage for dirt cheap...only trouble is parts are expensive....if i break an axle i wanna be able to change it for low dollars. any other ideas guys?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha...nah i want somthing i can drive on the street....somthing that i can pull into the parking lot with and people just start laughing and wonder how it made it there.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you got it!....i will deff have step by step pics of the project for you all....if i decide to go through with it. it alldepends on what i find. i WILL NOT spend more than 500 bucks including the car tho. that will be the tough part.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts