TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i just picked this car up not too long ago for 2750 and i did plugs and wires on it only.

the problem is i need to get this car to run with my brother 98 grand prix GTP he runs mid 14's

keep in mind since i bought this car for 2750 i plan on driving it for a year maybe less
basiacally i need a way that i can run 14's with a few mods, my geuss would be straight to the superchargers but what style root? i was definatly taking a look at the allan kit using the 3rd gen m90 it says that puts me around mid to high 14's
the other style i was lookin at the Paxton NOVI 2000 8.5psi.
- feed back on those would help alot

also i beleive i gotta crack the eec or get a new one???

comments on shift kits would help me - although i could prolly forum search that

so yeah basically i want to ruin my brothers GTP with the 2nd gen m90 supercharged 3800

any comments both negative and posivte help, thanks alot guys

·
Registered
715 Posts
Well. If you plan on only driving it for a year or so, there are cheeper ways to reach 14's. A nice shot of laughing gas could help alot. With simple bolt ons and a nice shot, i think 14's should be easy and since you only plan on having the car for a year, it would probally be the cheeper way to go. As for **** kits, everyone on here is gonna say do the J-mod which you can read about in the tech articles. I have heard nothing but good things about the J-mod. Well, i wish u luck.

Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks but i wanna stay away from nitrous oxide, i think of it more as a ricer mod, but yeah i was think 3.73 gears but idk where to get it

·
Registered
632 Posts
The grears alone will only get you ~.3 in the 1/4

Now I just cant figure this out... Youre going to have this car for a year, and youre talking about at least 4k to put a supercharger in. You'll never get that money back.

If I planned on getting rid of my car in less than a year, then I probably wouldnt even change the oil...

-Andrey

·
Registered
632 Posts
Get Gears, like 3.73 I would buy the Motorsports aluminum differential. It has trac-loc, 3-73, and its a bit lighter then stock.

Get a driveshaft, converter (marauder or mark 8), dyno-tune or chip, propper tires.

Maybe the "j-mod"

Now you'll be in the mid-high 14's with about 2k spent

Get either ported PI or 96-98 NPI heads with the PI intake - another 2k and you'll be in the 13's

-Andrey

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Where is everyone getting their parts for their headswaps? I keep hearing these high prices like 1000-2500! I've just been picking up things on eBay and junkyards for a while, and I have everything but the stuff to update the 94-95 engine, all for less than 300 dollars. Unless the throttle cables, EGR and fuel rails, (and gaskets and all that) are gonna cost 700 dollars, i don't see that price tag. heck, my PI cams cost me a grand total of 1 dollar plus 12 shipping. Maybe I'm just lucky?

·
Registered
468 Posts
StupidFly said:
ricer mod my ars
It is if its Zex... in NJ anyway NXpress is much better stuff, "J-mod" should be one of the first things done, Most people over look the trans... without a good working trans that power is just getting wasted!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I think the 1-2K comes in at a total average for the swap. If you can find your parts cheaper, then yes, you won't spend as much. If you buy everything new, go to the bank and get a loan man! Right now I've got about 600 stuck into stuff and I know I don't have half of it yet. I've been buying most of mine used. A lot of the price tag comes in on the PnP job for the NPI's.

Joe

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
K&N cone filter w/heatshield
Removed mufflers
Steeda Underdrive pullies
J-mod
Apten Performance Chip

This stuff got me to 15.008 on bald tires. Get the stuff i listed plus gears, tourque converter, pi cams, and pi intake and you should be in high 13's low 14's. then throw a 100 shot on there and your in high 12's low 13's.

Frank

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
NightWind said:

It is if its Zex... in NJ anyway NXpress is much better stuff,

BS, as far as reliability and ease of installation, the Zex kit is much better....And what makes Zex more of a ricer mod than NX????????? Your 4.6 doesn't care what color the bottle is painted once the N2O hits the combustion chamber. You guys get too wrapped up in crap like that. If you want something to make your car faster, then get it, don't worry about what everyone else says. There are plenty of people on here running Zex kits, and have nothing but good things to say about them, and they are SAFER than the other kits.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Rich95XR7 said:

BS, as far as reliability and ease of installation, the Zex kit is much better....And what makes Zex more of a ricer mod than NX????????? Your 4.6 doesn't care what color the bottle is painted once the N2O hits the combustion chamber. You guys get too wrapped up in crap like that. If you want something to make your car faster, then get it, don't worry about what everyone else says. There are plenty of people on here running Zex kits, and have nothing but good things to say about them, and they are SAFER than the other kits.
Maybe ,but i've never seen a good Zex kit not in person anyway, Alot of people(again in my area) that i know stay away from ZEX kits,as far as i'm conserned there not safer than other kits Zex doesnt have the greatest track record

·
Registered
987 Posts
Dude what is with the bickering about the go fast gas? All of it is inherently dangerous and all of them have an equally bad track record. Unless you are going to start quoting statistical reliabilty, lets just agree that they make your car go fast and can make your car go boom...

Sam

1 - 16 of 16 Posts