TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Automatic Weapon
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Annie hydroplaned into a concrete barrier. She's totaled, I'm ok.
Problem: State Farm (insurance co.) says that in order for them to give me a higher value for my car, I have to prove what an Anniversary bird goes for in NC. I cannot find any and State Farm wants to give me normal SC value...not enough. Please see if you can find any Anniversary Editions that have been sold in NC or are for sale in NC that went for or are going for around 4 grand or higher.

Thanks!
Big-Al

e-mail me at my dad's e-mail: [email protected] or call 252 249 0097
I will be checking my PM's as well.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
Glad to hear you are ok.

www.edmunds.com and www.kbb.com have areas where you can do your own appraisals, and base it on ZIP code.

Take a look there, and see what results you come up with. You may even contact a dealership used car lot, and inquire there.

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Al.... you did what? Dude... sorry to hear that bro. Why don't you go to an apraiser (sp?)? They could probably give you the value (considering the rarity) with all things considered... know what I mean? You'd just need some evidence that they are as rare as they seem (maybe you could get production numbers from ford?)

Again, I'm sorry to hear that Al....
-Steve-o

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
!!!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I wish I could help you out Al, you know i would if I could.

But all I can do is sit here and think.......how much does he want for the seats? (just trying to bring a little humor here folks)

·
Automatic Weapon
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll let you guys know what Ford says it's worth when I find out, that should be a good number anyway.

·
Registered
191 Posts
yeah you have to love insurance companies.....what was Chris Rocks' statement on insurance companies :D ;but I know what you mean....took me three conversations with my agent for her to realize that my car wasn't white and wasn't tan.

Al, man, that is not cool....what's your next car going to be?

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOO!!!!!! :eek:

Esther grieves for Annie. She is very sad.

I checked out eBay, but all I could find was one in NY starting around $2000. Other than that I don't know where to look.

Could you try looking in an Auto Trader? Or the classifieds? Not much I can do for you up here in CT.

Sorry 'bout the car, but I'm glad that you are all right.

~*~ Molly

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hey Big One,

Sorry to hear what happened with Annie...but you're ok and that's more important.
Take care.

Robert

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
Let us know if there is anything we can do. I would hate to se Annie die on us. Are you going to let her be totaled or are you going to buy her back?????

--Craig

·
Registered
127 Posts
That's how insurance companies get so rich (no offense to anyone here who works for one, I just hate their policies and rates). They try to play you for a fool. As much money as your spending on car ins. every mo/6mo they should research it their d*mn self, or at least take your word for how much you think it was worth. And if you think that all these lawsuits against them is hurting their profits just take a look at the Fortune 100 list. They get richer while we get poorer and no one listens to us. Safe driver or not, you still have to pay for other peoples many mistakes. IMO, 99% of drivers never get back half of what they put in.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. :zsoapbox:

Good luck and don't hydroplane with your next SC--what are you plan on getting next?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Last time I dealt with an adjuster I had to put together a sampling of cars for sale that were similar (of course only high priced ones). I used auto trader printouts on cars from all around the country, then I made a list of improvements, what I paid, used value, etc. I won! Tell adjuster to forget NC only garbage! Don't let them jerk you...

Bill

1 - 14 of 14 Posts