TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When is Ford going to get off their butts and make things people really want (the mustang redo was a start)

and yes, it has 58 HP more than last year but gets better mileage. Ugh

From GM

The 2007 Escalade provides several new features as standard equipment including; a power liftgate, remote starting, side-curtain airbags, Bose 5.1 Surround audio system and others adding thousands of dollars to the content value of the all-new Escalade.

“Offering our more dramatically styled, greatly refined and higher performance all-new Escalade at a starting price equal to the current generation Escalade should certainly attract luxury consumers’ attention and help Cadillac continue to dominate the large luxury utility segment,” said Jim Taylor, Cadillac general manager. “The new 2007 Escalade boldly begins the next phase of Cadillac’s renaissance.”

The all-new 2007 Escalade is thoroughly upgraded from its predecessor with a new chassis, powertrain, safety systems and a distinctive, refined, luxury car-like interior. These integrated systems deliver the most powerful and most efficient luxury SUV in the segment, led by a new 6.2L all-aluminum V-8 engine with variable valve timing technology delivering 403 horsepower (301 kw) and 417 lb-ft of torque.

2007 Cadillac Escalade vehicle highlights include:

All-new distinctive exterior design
All-new, Escalade exclusive, spacious interior with superior refinement
A new 403 horsepower 6.2L all-aluminum small-block V-8 with VVT providing improved fuel efficiency
Efficient six-speed automatic transmission with Drive Shift Control
Stronger frame chassis with responsive coil-over-shock front suspension and rack-and-pinion steering for the best ride and handling in the segment
Standard roof-mounted head curtain side air bags and StabiliTrak stability control system with new rollover mitigation technology
Bose 5.1 Digital Surround audio system, including available navigation radio with touch-screen control
A myriad of luxury features available including factory installed 22" chrome wheels, climate controlled front seats, power fold and tumble 2 nd row seats, remote start, power articulating running boards, power liftgate and IntelliBeam headlamps
Enhanced four-wheel disc brake system
Improved fuel economy

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Ahhhhh yeeeeah, 22" rims dawg. Finally, someone is making things that people really want.

Seriously, Ford's got way bigger issues than competing with the Escalade.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Why do people want 22" wheels on an Escalade? Or any SUV for that matter.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
What's the current going price of an Escalade? OR a navigator for that matter.... WAY too friggin much

·
Registered
850 Posts
Yea, Ford really needs to get their a$ses in gear. All they have now are these little underpowered family cars, as you can see they are not selling. They need to jump on the wagon with Chrysler and GM and come out with something powerful. It seems like all they care about now is the Mustang.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
well, lets look at Ford with an alternate approach. Bill wasnt intended to be a permanant president....many on the board have the same last name as their building....and the driving force in the company, Henry's great granddaughter thinks hi performance vehicles are pointless. I thinkkk Bill along with Colletti and Team Mustang and the few company gearheads are facing a big uphill battle. I honestly think Ford needs to break away from the ginormous SUV complex it has...thats the reason why it lost so much money last year.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
They gotta get offa their a$$es and start making something their "budget-cut" SVT department can work with

·
Registered
51 Posts
shutting down 14 plants, and cutting 30,000 jobs, yet none of the top ceos have taken a pay cut, not a good show of leadership by any standards.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Its a "pimpin" ride. People buy them for image, the most off-road they see is running over a curb. May just be me, but Ive driven most of the high end SUVs, and none really impressed me. From a luxury standpoint my ol 85 Grand Marquis was more comfortable and had a better feel. And as far a utility, they cant compare to my old Pickup, or the Bronco in the garage. Definately is not worth the sticker.

Id never feel sorry for anyone who buys these. You want to own the new best thing, and look, next year theres something else. Too bad, Ill stick with my Cougar.

Dont laugh its paid for :tongue:

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
:rofl: man, rich people buy escalades, m3's, lexus out the a$$, etc etc... let me tell you, money does NOT buy intelligence, it's amazing what some of the people do to cars that come through the body shop

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
When is Ford going to get off their butts and make things people really want
Well i think they‘re doing ok...Ford offers cars that are Af-ford-able to the middle-man. Now if you want some thing that could compete with an Escalade look at Lincolns line up of beautiful cars, trucks and SUV’s. Personally I wouldn’t want a Escalade cause your riding on money, and now a days people will kill for it. Don’t get me wrong it’s a beautiful vechal, but 22’s?!...just my 2 cents...dont take it the wrong way:)

·
Registered
940 Posts
Falcon5783 said:
What's the current going price of an Escalade? OR a navigator for that matter.... WAY too friggin much
Well this summer when I worked at Lincoln dealer, we had quite a few Navigators in the high $60's, I remember one being $68,097, Not worth the money, I'll take 6 Kia's instead (jk).

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
dude, the bose systems are purty good for a factory system, you can turn that beyotch up all the way and get just a little audible distortion, but yeah, i'll take an escalade over a navigator any day. ;)

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bose limits amplifier output to save the speakers (cheap). I still blew one of mine though. The 5.1 system is a little better than the old ones, but if you want killer sound, you'll probably go aftermarket anyway.

About the 22's. Think back in the early nineties. 16" were cool. When the mustang GT came out with 17's they were stolen. Now who steals stock 17" wheels? As technology improves, we have tires that can withstand potholes despite less sidewall, making 20", 22", 24" feasible. Sure, it sucks for off road, but they're pretty. And why do people get the Escalade or Navigator???

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Thats just it, the huge wheels aren't pretty. They look stupid (just my opinion). And with so little sidewall, you are pretty sure to ruin your wheel not your tire.

I'd take a Navigator over an escalade any time. But again, just my opinion. I'd also rather have an LS over whatever Cadillac is selling to.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Let's face it, we are not the people the manufacturer's are trying to lure. They need to stay competitive with each other and offer what the people willing to spend 30-60k or more on a new vehicle want. We, at least me, only help with their parts business and don't keep the management and sales people eating, paying for medical insurance and retirement.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Traveler said:
Um, why wouldn't they? Has anyone EVER seen an Escalade intentionally driven off road!? :tongue:

I haven't so why not put 22's on em'... (shrugs)

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
chorizon said:
dude, the bose systems are purty good for a factory system, you can turn that beyotch up all the way and get just a little audible distortion, but yeah, i'll take an escalade over a navigator any day. ;)

Bose is pretty much the worst audio company on the market. They just don't want you to know that because then they wouldn't sell anything. Home theater is my other passion, so I make it my business to know the down and dirty of the trade. :)

For any of you audio-inclined people who want to see some light shed on Bose, have a read of this:

<a href=http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html>Buy Other Sound Equipment</a>

~Chuck

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
well compared to the other factory gm stereos, i'll still take the bose, i'm not talking home stereo systems either, that's a whole other ball game, what i'm talking about is factory gm stereos, not aftermarket, so compared to the other factory stereo's available, i'll still take the bose system over the other one. that is of course if i'm not gonna upgrade and just leave it stock, so i would spare the cost, my friend has a tahoe with the non-bose premium sound with the sub in the back and it sounds way crappier compared to the one that has it. but in the interest of sound quality, just upgrade your factory system.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts