TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally get my car. My mom got her new car, so she handed down her 95 LX v8 Bird to me. It has 165K miles on it (yikes). So, what mods would you reccomend I do first? I only have about 500 dollars right now, but that'll be about 1000 by the end of summer.

Also, our new car is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt. Number 323. Damn that car is a blast!

·
Ohio TCCoA
863 Posts
LOL!!! yeah sounds good to me. I would look at replacing that engine on rebuilding before I would but too much into it. Especially with that many miles but that's just my Two cents.

Later,
jay

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
yea, what he said. thats a lot ofo miles on that car. if you really want to keep it, id say look into a complete 99+ motor swap, otherwise leave it mostly alone.

of course cobra R's, drop springs and flowmasters would be a nice touch if you want to keep it for a little while without dumping too much money into it

:D

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I wouldnt do too much engine mods. When you have the money maybe the 99+ engine would be good. For now to give some good power you can always get a chip from Dennis. Stuff like suspension, gears, wheels, brakes, etc. are good because if you change a engine all that should be fine with a newer 99+ engine in there.
Congrats on getting YOUR car.
-Shawn

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
hey shawn, how's it coming with the chip?

I sure hope you got all of that mess worked out so that your car can FINALLY have a chip in it...and are you still going through "custom chip" or somebody elese now?

Earl

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
still havent gotten any chip from Custom Chip. :mad:
A while ago I stopped thinking I would even get any thing from him.

-Shawn

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey thanx for the congrats guys. I realize it's a good idea to swap to a 99gt motor, but that expensive. I don't have that much knowledge of engines (I'm trying to learn) so I doubt that I could do the swap. Plus, the extra parts for the motor to fit in a 95' means I'm spending at least 3,000 without labor. That's a lot of saving.

Are there any easier options? (Besides stealing my mom's engine.) I might as well order a carbed crate motor. You can get some serious power out of a naturally aspirated 302!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts