TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I paid a new record price for gas yesterday , I pumped mid grade at 4.599 .

What has been your worst trip to the pump ?

And no I'm not *****ing because you're paying that much too . ;)

·
Registered
741 Posts
I only just filled my tank for the first time over the summer. Since I got back from school, I've only been able to put in $30-40 at a time.

It cost me $72.00 to put in just under 17 gallons at $4.239/gallon. I'm using 89 octane.

·
Registered
381 Posts
last fill... i dont want to know...
gas just went up... $1.40 a liter

1.40 x 3.79 = $5.30 a gallon...

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
i'' let you know monday. i am taking the expedition to PA this weekend. premium required(around $4.50 here), and it holds 28 gallons. :)

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Hell, I just rented a 16' box truck to haul my crap to Florida, 10-14 MPG is going to hurt. Good thing the company is paying for the gas (and the truck, my hotel on the way down there . . . . . . :D)

·
smoothed and filled red pearl 94
631 Posts
free gas

how the hell did you manage that?
i made a little contraption with two magnets and some coffee filters that scrambles the pumps computer if you hold it in just the right spot on the pump. it only works when you pay by credit card, so you have to be careful not to get caught. ive done it a bunch though.

-John

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i made a little contraption with two magnets and some coffee filters that scrambles the pumps computer if you hold it in just the right spot on the pump. it only works when you pay by credit card, so you have to be careful not to get caught. ive done it a bunch though.

-John
I hope you're kidding and not really admitting to doing something so crazy online. If I had done this, I would tell no one. I'm guessing you saved up a ton of speedy rewards points or something.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts

-John
:bs:

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well , you can pm me step by step instructions and I will report back after I fill up .

·
631 Posts
truth is my grocery store gives you 20 - 40 cents off per gallon for every 50 dollars you spend. its a pretty good deal as my brother and i share the rewards account and only use it to fill up the truck. anyone else have a deal like that where they live?

-John

·
Super Moderator
12,082 Posts
truth is my grocery store gives you 20 - 40 cents off per gallon for every 50 dollars you spend. its a pretty good deal as my brother and i share the rewards account and only use it to fill up the truck. anyone else have a deal like that where they live?

-John
You guys buy a lot of groceries or beer or have a lot of mouths to feed in your families!

At $4 a gallon to get the $120 in gas credits you'd need to get 30 gallons for free you'd need to buy:

At .20¢ credit per $50 of groceries bought; that's $30,000 worth of groceries!
At .40¢ credit per $50 of groceries bought; that's $15,000 worth of groceries!

That's like two or more years worth of groceries!

To get to $15,000 you'd have to spend $288.46 between the two of you every week for a year! At .40¢ per $50 spent you'd have to spend half that amount.

Oh, you're paying for that gas alright.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts

-John
Haha, that's what I thought. Krogers here gives it to you instantly after spending $100 in groceries each month. Not so sure about other stations though. Your made up combo of coffee filters and magnets was just random enough to work though, which I liked.

·
631 Posts
trunk- your math is a little off. it basically breaks down to a dollar off per gallon for every $250 spent at the store (at 20 cents per $50 spent). so if i spend 1000 on groceries then i get $4 off per gallon. oh and the grocery store also sells gift cards for about 45 different places (including home depot, target, best buy and dozens of restaurants) and they count towards gas rewards. so if i need a new circular saw for say $200, i just buy gift cards and get 80 cents off per gallon. this is the third fully free fill up ive gotten, so its not like all my gas is free by any means. then sometimes they do double rewards at 40 cents per every $50 spent. its really a pretty sweet system.

-John

1 - 20 of 52 Posts