TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did this about 3 months ago or so.
I've been wanting to get a black stock for my AK-47...but couldn't find what I wanted. So I decided to re stain my factory stock...
I think it turned out well.

I used roughly 3 coats of Ebony colored stain, followed by a couple coats of Urethane.
Of course there was a butt load of sanding involved.

Anyway, enjoy.

Anyone else ever redo a stock?

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It was this color stock before....but it didn't look good at all. It looked like some underpaid Russian had the job of putting the finishing touches on mine, and failed to do a credible job on the stock...:tongue:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
yummy, it's hard to see the clarity on the re-paint job, but it looks good to me! Then again, I don't know anything about guns!

·
Registered
433 Posts
The worst mistake I ever made was selling this exact same gun, except I had a 30 round 'nanner clip. I needed money to make a car payment. Car, or gun? I regret it now though. Sweet ak though

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
that is so awesome!

there is a guy buy my buddy's house that has a fully automatic gun. pretty sure thats illegal. sounds awesome but scary at the same time.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
The worst mistake I ever made was selling this exact same gun, except I had a 30 round 'nanner clip. I needed money to make a car payment. Car, or gun? I regret it now though. Sweet ak though
http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/Item/21/05/00/i210500sn01.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]
For some reason, polymer stuff like that on AK's and SKS's just doesn't seem natural.

Standard looking SKS and AK stocks in polymer I can handle, but that stuff looks weird to me for some reason.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For some reason, polymer stuff like that on AK's and SKS's just doesn't seem natural.

Standard looking SKS and AK stocks in polymer I can handle, but that stuff looks weird to me for some reason.
I'll post a pic later of my SKS....the stock on it, I call it snow camo.

·
Heavily Medicated Crime Fighter
2,073 Posts
Looks like a Legend series AK with the dark stock. My buddy has a National match AK Legend and you want to talk about a rare gun. I have a Polytech pre ban side folder with the reddish plastic stock and that is also super rare.

Mark

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is the stock I have on my SKS....speaking of rare things, I believe this stock falls in that category.

Snow Camo?

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And here are 2 more of my guns....top one is good ole home defense, and the bottom....anyone know what it is without doing a google search?:tongue:

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
I like it. This is what I'm going to build this summer (if I can find gainful employment):

Rock River Arms Elite CAR A4

Still debating about buying the rifle complete, buying an assembled lower and upper and slapping them together, or buying the stripped lower/parts kit/stock and upper then throwing it together.

Decisions, decisions, decisions :D

EDIT: That pistol looks like a Calico to me.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
as much as I fundamentally hate Kalishnakovs, that thing does look pretty sweet with the dark stain.
+1

errr umm,

I completely agree.

This isn't AR15.com/AK47.net

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
+1

errr umm,

I completely agree.

This isn't AR15.com/AK47.net
i think of the commies when i see an AK.....and african warlords, and black hawk down, and the camel ****ers/hajis.....its just me.

ive been to ar15.com, they just seem to be a bunch of douchey fanboys.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts