TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy in a white Ford truck ran a stop sign in front of me, I swerved, fishtailed, and went off the road and hit a sign with my right fender. The only thing on the side of the road for 300 feet either direction too. CA state park ranger/police came over to make sure I was alright, by the time he went chasing after the guy who ran the stopsign the guy was long gone. He said that I'm not at fault for anything that happened but since they couldn't catch the guy I'm SOL. Going to need a new front fender, wheel, maybe header panel, and paint, it was a pretty hard hit.

Pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
... again ???
Thats what everybody keeps saying, and its always around this time of the year too...

I will make the TPS show, I promise!!!! That's been my incentive every year lol, fix my car so at least it looks decent in July...

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it seems like this is the 3rd time youve been hit .. hopefully not on the same side.
Nope, this is the opposite side, similar damage though... :eek:

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Maybe you should get a big grille guard!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
3,902 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh yeah!!! like a police interceptor bumper guard :D heh heh
or you could just daily drive an army tank, and just run them over instead of swerving
I wish I was in my F-150 or my Mustang, F-150 I could have hit them, Mustang could stop in time. The Thunderbird was nimble enough to maneuver around the truck, just couldn't get traction back before it was too late...

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
I can see why you lost traction with a little tiny tire like that .. just kidding.

Easy fix, that'll buff right out - hey, if this SC ever gets to my house there may be a donor fender and door available .. fyi. ;)

Ehh maybe not .. unless youre looking for some GFX also.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
You going to fix it again Conner?

It looks only like a new fender, door, and wheel.

This is really quite interesting you are quickly turning all original into all swapped. Not by choice I know. I hope you fix it again and stays that way.

·
Super Moderator
9,175 Posts
Geez man, you need a break.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys, I think I might have a guy I can source pretty cheap parts from, gonna get a fender and a wheel... but yeah, after I'm done, the only thing original in the front end is the frame, hood, headlights and bumper. It will have new fenders, corners, markers, drivers door... :(

I'm on my third drivers side fender....

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
I'm on my third drivers side fender....

Yep .. sounds like the Lincoln I sold to Immanuel - the one that was backed into and crunched between the drivers door and fender .. twice !! LOL :rolleyes:

At least you'll get it fixed, and not too expensive.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep .. sounds like the Lincoln I sold to Immanuel - the one that was backed into and crunched between the drivers door and fender .. twice !! LOL :rolleyes:

At least you'll get it fixed, and not too expensive.
Definitely, just wont happen very fast... I'm making $2/hr...

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
Sorry about your bad luck. My first Cougar was just like that; I would repair it and have yet another accident (none were my fault).

For example, I hit a deer at 60 mph just three weeks after a full paint job. The paint hadn't even cured yet. I finally lost interest and sold it.

Definitely, just wont happen very fast... I'm making $2/hr...
You get tips in there somewhere, I would hope.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts