TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a cstom exhaust done true duals all the way into borlas on the back. No cats at all! I completely removed the o2 sensors there are 4 total. I disconnected them. My question is if I can do this without doing any harm? I have a chip programmed for no o2 sensors. Can I keep them off completely by disconnecting them, or do they need to be connected and tied up somehow? By the way i go 2.25 inch exhaust. I will go to the track on thursday to see if this exhaust setup makes a difference.:D

·
Registered
287 Posts
If your check engine light hasn't come on and you can put up withthe smell of incomplete combustion...you are ok. One thing though...you will lose low end grunt. You will pick in in the mid and maybe in the higher rnges but your out the hole will suffer.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just noticed a noise like pinging can the deletion of the o2 sensors cause this? i may be mistaken, it might be some otherkind of noise. I'll check really good tommorrow

·
Registered
632 Posts
You have 4 sensors, 2 are for checking the emissions - those are OK to delete if your chip/flash is programmed for them.

The other two are a critical to maintaining the correct A/F ratio in the car, and cannot be deleted. Thats why your are getting the pinging, you are probably running lean.

-Andrey

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
yah the front two o2s, you need them, put them back on, somehow...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i connected them back and let them hang and its still pinging, i have to somehow weld them on the pipes where they were on the cats right?

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
oh good god

put the front o2's back into the pipes where they need to be in order for the car to run correctly.

dont run the car until you do this.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
i threw MILs for the deletion of my o2s....now i still get a CEL...p0156...telling me that the downsteam o2s are bad...does this mean the MILs arent working properly....

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
How does is sound? What kind of mufflers?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i screwed the two front sensors back and their is still pinging, how can i check those sensors to find out if their working properly. is it possible that i have to put the o2 sensors back also?

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
ok, so your o2s are back in, find out what the check engine light is, i think you have more problems then just your o2s, id bet you have something else thats not right

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
you NEED the front o2's to run the car correctly. By letting them hang while driving you probably got dirt and crap on them and they are probably ruined. I'd say buy new ones and install them now. Start the car and pop the hood, then go listen to the motor. if it sounds like a bunch of rocks in your cylinders then you're pinging.
-Thomas

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, i took it to my mecanic and he said it is not pinging that it is the echo from the exhaust. The front sensors are installed and working i will post some pics probably tommorrow afternoon of the exhaust setup. As far as the sound it sounds alot louder and meaner. I will go to the track on thursday to see if the time improves or not. Thanks to everyone for the replies

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
If you ran the car without the front o2's screwed in, I would reset the computer.

pull fuse #15 in the box under the hood, and try to start the car. It'll crank but won't fire. Replace the fuse, and the computer has been reset.

·
Registered
510 Posts
What is the sound like, raspy? and have you noticed any change in performance?

Never mind, I jumped the gun with these questions, I need to read the posts better!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts