TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started installing my new 02 maf, tube and airbox last night. I was using embalmer's instructions. I got everything in place and was about to begin the wire splicing when I realized I had a different harness than he used in the instructions -- mine has four colored wires and his has six white ones. I'm not sure what to do since I need to have this done and the chip installed and ready to go by Sunday. I could hook the harness up the maf, but I don't know what to do about the IAT. The tube I have doesn't have a bung for it and there aren't enough wires to splice it into the new harness.

Also, when I ordered my chip from Apten I told them I had an 03 maf (I don't know what I was thinking). Would that cause a problem since I have an 02?

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Just use the factory IAT for now, there is a square hole in the fender that it fits into pretty snugly. I know a lot of people running like that for a while now with no problems.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
02 and 03 are the same.

just stick the IAC near the air inlet till you can get the correct pigtail.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys. I 'll do that.

I've been thinking about my options -- would I be able to get a '99 GT tube (I think those have the IAT bung) and use that with the 02 maf? I'm thinking that might be the better way to go so I won't have to splice any wires.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Embalmer's harness had 6 white wires because he had to add the wires for he IAT to the connector. You could pin two wires in in the two empty slots in the connector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts