TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I have not been able to update my web page on TCCoA for over a year, I set up a new one. It seems to be Ok so far. Will add more to it as time allows.

http://brucerichards.com/bird menu.htm

Bruce

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
Nice! Another E85 Bird. I've always admired your car.

What's your best 1/4 mile time If you have some times to give me I'll add your car to the best times lists.

If you have them I need a recent best time and your all time personal best time.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I only run it 3-4 times a year for fun, just to see if any progress. I have only done 1 1/4 mile run, since I didn't feel comfortable before with stock brakes. I did 1 pass at Bowling Green Ky with it on Drag Radials during a regular NHRA meet, and made the mistake of not taking it easy at 1st. 60ft sucked at 1.45, but did fine down track. It turned 9.4 at 155 mph. The ET and mph are out of wach, from doing some down track near side ways driving I guess. The track officals congratulated me, gave me a free rain check, and invited me to return when it had a chute and the 8 point was upgraded to 10 point. Not interested in doing any thing else major to the car, so will stick to a few test and tunes a year. It is just a Fun Car.

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
Awesome. When was that run? - month and year are all I need.

Also, if you can find the time slip (I'm sure you've got that stashed somewhere :D ) could you give me the exact time and MPH. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
October 2012 Beach Bend Park, Bowling Green Ky. I have it some where, but no idea. With a set of slicks, I am sure it will be very low 9s. ALMOST too fast for a pld man. No need of posting anything till I find the slip. I know it has at least .2 more in it with slicks, so never thought a lot about it.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Wish you would bring it to carlisle one year.:) I always wondered what it ran too.:cool:

Did you use aluminum tube for the fuel lines? And if so had any problems with the E85 oxidizing them?

I want to do hard lines in my car and run e85 but wasn't sure if the aluminum would hold up well.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They claim that E85 is bad on aluminum, but I have had them for at least 5 years with no problem. The ethanol get very agessive when water get absorbed into it, making a type of acid. Keep it air tight to prevent drawing it in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts