TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys its true. I probally should not be standing here today. Me my best friend angie are in my car. My 2 other friends are in a 2000 z28 he has had it for 5 days. We come to a stop, he goes. I look for cars to the left and then look right. My friend has his car sideways, then it comes back, it does a 180 and hooks, his car flips into a Deep V of a ditch about 10 foot deep. They are inside with the roof completley smashed down. His car had t-tops but luckly they didnt break and they had there seat belts on. My 2 friends get out perfectly fine and are walking. Im trying my best to controll traffic as best as i could becuse the cops have yet to arrive. Bare in mind we are 6 miles out of town and in the middle of nowere. A nice girl stops puts her 4-ways on puts her car in park and rolls down her window. She asks if everything is ok. I say yes everything is gonna be fine. I look up and see a car go 60MPH into the ladys car, the one I was talking to .. I was maybe 6 inches away. So all in a matter of 10 min 5 people had been graced by God. Never again will I look at life differently. I could of lost 2 of my best friends and been killed my self. So what we have a totaled z28 5 days old, a totaled 2003 merc cougar 3 weeks old, and a 03 eclips 10 days old. The lady in the cougar had no insurance and got to go to jail. My friends were in the hospital for the night for precautions. Thank God for looking over us. I cant say that enough. Im just thankful everyone is ok.

I wrote this is a shocked matter. If there are any questions, Ill do my best to answer.

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
It is tough enough to try to deal with the thing we have control over.
Sometimes it worth the small investment in time to just stop and
appreciate the people and things around you. It sounds a little
sappy to say but at some point everybody learns it,
unfortunately for some it comes a little later then others.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Sounds like God definitely has plans for your future and wants you to be around for whatever they are!! There was a squadron of guardian angels working that night!! I am glad you and your friends are OK.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, He was stopped at a turn. And he got on it sliding it sideways. When it came back it did a 180 and then rolled over into the ditch. There was no street racing involved.

Mike

·
Registered
773 Posts
Fenrir51 said:
I find thay very hard to beileve he wasnt racing and or speeding. Unless it was snow/rain/ or ice.
My friend has his car sideways, then it comes back, it does a 180 and hooks, his car flips into a Deep V of a ditch about 10 foot deep.

And he got on it sliding it sideways.
Fenrir51 twice he said his friend was getting on it! but that does not mean he was street racing! Just being stupid witch we all have done from time to time!

·
Registered
260 Posts
You go off a 10FT embankment at any speed at the right angle and you could end up upside down dont have to be speeding to roll over. Ive seen a car doing 65 mph on the interstate roll over and I promise you there wasnt any street racing involved I was in a Marked Police Car behind them pacing them. Glad to hear that you and friends are ok.

·
Registered
817 Posts
he rolled it when it went into the embankment that went down 10 feet. if the wheels hook up and youre sideways the forward momentum will just push the car on 2 wheels and then its over. youre all lucky that nobody was hurt. weve all seen and heard street racing stories and this obviously is not one of them. its just one of those freak accidents that nobody is prepared for. and bad 95 dont try that sideways stuff either we dont want to see you or your car rolled in a ditch either.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I'm not trying to sound callous or anything, but what the heck does any of this have to do with "God?" All it sounds like is extreme luck in unlucky circumstances. I read about people dying for no good reason on other car forums all the time. Where was "God" then?

So, three totaled cars, one "good samaritan" with an arrest on her record, two for the hospital, and probably multiple little consequences such as increased insurance rates for EVERYONE in the age group, worried parents, traffic jams, lost sleep, etc... Yeah. THANK GOD.

Look, man. I'm glad everything is OK, but I'm also sick of hearing people throw up their arms at a perfectly avoidable situation and thanking "him," for a slightly non-negative outcome. I'm an atheist through and through. Should I be more careful to not offend people who are religious? Maybe, but what about me? I'm offended by religion being brought as an explanation for chance and statistics. YOUR FRIEND almost caused you to die-- you were LUCKY you didn't. That's it.

PJ

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea I see where you are comming from. I guess it was more of a luck thing. But I guess its just one of thoes things were you look back and have to just be thankful everyone is gona be ok. But I honestly see where your comming from man.

Mike

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
PJ,

I think you are being a bit sensitive. It doesn't seem in his post he is trying to convert anyone but your post is all about preaching the gospel of atheism. Mike I am thankful everyone is alright and I'm sure it did get your attention.

·
Registered
42 Posts
PJ-4.2L said:
Look, man. I'm glad everything is OK, but I'm also sick of hearing people throw up their arms at a perfectly avoidable situation and thanking "him," for a slightly non-negative outcome. I'm an atheist through and through. Should I be more careful to not offend people who are religious? Maybe, but what about me? I'm offended by religion being brought as an explanation for chance and statistics. YOUR FRIEND almost caused you to die-- you were LUCKY you didn't. That's it.
Woo hoo. Another person convinced that they have the right to never be offended. There is nothing in the Constitution nor the rules of the board that guarantee that no one will ever say anything that might offend you. Your apparent attempt to prevent people from exercising their 1st amendment rights of freedom of speech and to freely exercise their religion offends me.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Ok, no big religious, and/or political and/or I'm offended type arguments here

they offend me, and I will lock them down :D

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea please no arugements. If you wanna talk, PM eachother. Im just trying to help keep the fourms clean. Im not saying you were fighting. I just wanna prevent it.

Mike

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
"To:" --> That's what that little "PM" button is for. I am more than happy to address condescending people in private, which I have been doing.

PJ

·
Smoothmeister K
887 Posts
So anyway, Mike, I'm very relieved to see that you made it out ok from that awful mess. Sometimes people need to "wake up" and realize how precious life really is.

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
Luck, God its all good. Maybe its a heavenly sign not to drive an F body

1 - 20 of 25 Posts