TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went car shopping today. My grandfather loaned me money for a car (interest free, $100 a month payments). I went to go look at a 93 Mark VIII. It had 143k miles on it and the back of it needed some work from an accident (just a little paint). I started it up. It ran just fine, untill i put the window down... then the stress ont he electrical system made it idle rough, so i tapped the gas and brought it up to 2 grand. It stalled and wouldnt start back up fro 5 min... it had a bad miss anyway... I said screw that... they were asking $3000 for it

Then behind it they had the car i bought. I picked up a 1995 Cadillac Eldorado ECT (top end model) for $6500 after tax. Its fully loaded. the body is in mint condidtion but the interior needs a good cleanning and a few minor repairs.... but over all its in excelnt condtition. Needs O2 sensors cus its running very rich. For a motor it has the 300 HP Northstar motor which has a god awfull amount of torque steer. But its a sweet ride! Oh yeah... it has 101,320 miles on it right now... so its not too high, considering my tbird has 108,000 when i bought it and now has 148,000 on it

Im still gunna have my tbird for a while, maybe turn it into a project, or part it out or just sell it outright. I havent decided yet. I'll still be around on here so no one will miss me.

here are some pictures of the car:

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
:rolleyes: Have fun with that torque steer. Sellout! Oh well that's ok. For having 300hp those cars are amazingly slow (up until...50 or so mph) or don't you agree? I've only driven a four door '96 STS (4.6L DOHC 32 valve), but I have raced a '93-'94 Eldorado, and it wasn't very fast.

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
ah...northstar engine....very cool.......V8 power.... too bad GM dropped the ball and made it FWD long ago... can we say Toronado...

At least most of the newer Caddies are gonna be RWD (or so I hear).

anyway, car looks good. Hopefully it serves you well. :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
. For a motor it has the 300 HP Northstar motor which has a god awfull amount of torque steer.
Nice car! Great paint and interior. Gotta love the Northstar v8. We've had Tornado's over the years and are built like a tank with a seperate rear axle next to the transaxle. Changing axle gear oil usually solves the torque steer. Might try changing the tranaxle fluid, as I believe they went to a one piece transaxle which reduced drivetrain strength, and increased torque steer, but improved gas mileage.

Might consider turning the '91 Tbird into a weekend cruise/ drag star.

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
You ain't the only one:)

Course, Ron had his reasons.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Hey, congrats on the buy. If I had the extra $$ that's exactly what I'd buy to be my daily driver. I put around 600 miles on the bird every week right now. I can't wait to graduate this May.

And as far as Rotten Ron's Caddy, I guess it's fair to call it a '99 T-Bird. The exterior is just as beautiful. :)

oh, and how much does a gallon of gas weigh again? :confused:

Jim

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
95LX said:

Jim
Last I heard, 6 pounds

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Sheeeeesh! Clean out that engine compartment =) Take it to a spray and wash and cover the altenator with something then spray that off =P otherwise nice lookin car! I love all the buttons in the interior.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
95LX said:

Jim

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :uppoint:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
okay... today i changed the oil in it... the was easy... but... it keeps dripping for 45 min... then it goes and takes EIGHT QUARTS to fill it back up!!! ugh.

the oil filter is right in the front where you can reach it.... but.... its right between the crossmember and the tranny pan so at most you can get 2 fingers on each side of it.

but its all good now... tomorrow im gunna register it and maybe buy new plugs for it if i dont get lazy. lol

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
buy ford you sellout :rant: now we have the GM brothers

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Someone I know has a 99 Eldorado, I think. Older school teacher, friends with my mom, but I got a ride home in it. It is nice. You don't even have to put rims on it, she has the same ones. She had about 20-30% tint too. That car is pimp. Good selection!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts