TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys... i just got back from florida a couple of days ago. It was amazing but i will make another post about that in the proper forum. Anyway, a few problems arose with the bird on the way as was expected. This intake leak BS is not trip related. It was doing this before.

-Sometimes the engine will push the car as if the gas pedal was stuck slightly. When i shift into neutral, it will rev up to about 2200.
-It was detonating (sounded like someone was throwing rocks in the intake) when it was fully loaded on the highway entrance ramp when i floored it and let it wind out. Detonation was around 4000 rpm.
-The intake on the car was fabbed up by me and it probably pretty prone to leakage because there are about 4-5 rubber connections.

Intake leak or what?

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
I would be willing to bet there is a leak. The best way to tell is get a diagnostic scanner and watch your O2 sensors at idle. They should look like a nice sine wave with a regular interval once the car hops into closed loop operation. If there is a leak and unmetered air is entering the system, the O2 sensor output will be all over the place and the graph definately won't look like a sine wave.

If you want to get a scanner, http://www.autoenginuity.com/ has an outstanding unit for the cost. It's very capable, easy to use, has outstanding customer suppoert (Tell Jay Horak that Pete Catsulis sent you ;) ), and it gives really fast data sampeling. The only unit on the market that will sample faster is the Raptor from SCT.

Pete

1 - 3 of 3 Posts