TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was checkin my front wheel bearings yesterday and i think they might need to be replaced. i jacked the front end up and could wiggle both front tires some. i am guessin it's time to replace them they have 250,000 miles on them and have never been changed.jus wanted to make sure i checked them right.. thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,562 Posts
If you can move the wheel by grabbing the top and bottom (or front and rear) and rocking it without moving the suspension components then your bearing is toast.

When I replaced one a few months ago it ran me $70.01 with a new nut from RockAuto with the 5% discount.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I'd recommend you replace them with Timkin bearings - but make sure you don't have bad ball-joints instead!

Dennis

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
I'd recommend you replace them with Timkin bearings - but make sure you don't have bad ball-joints instead!

Dennis
just replace the entire hub......don't waste the time trying to replace just the bearings.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts

Dennis
That's what I had to replace (ball joints). Bearings were fine, but I had to replace both upper and lower ball joints (uppers can only get with UCA, lower I changed just the ball joint).

·
Banned
613 Posts
i was goona say.. don they came as one?

·
Registered
29 Posts
front wheel bearings

My 1994 Bird has a little play 12:00 oclock -6:00oclock..on front drivers side...very little...the paseenger side has none...or very little....I see its has a wierd nut metal housing on it...I just need to tighten just a li bit....whts the deal on this ???thnx for any info.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts