TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My odometer was acting like it had bad gears. Seedo worked fine, no Odo or trip. So i ordered gears and yesterday I pulled everything apart. When I got it apart, I was surprized to see the gears in perfect condition.
My guess is that some1 has been in there before, because I noticed a broken tab and a crack on a piece on the way to the gears. So I was pretty convinced that someone had replaced the gears but done it wrong. It seemed like the little gear had a nipple on one side. I fliped the nipple around so that is was pointing towords the big gear. After that, all the gears looked pretty snug, so i put it together and took it for a ride.
My Odo works again! ... 2 miles later it stops. I need to get back in there and see whats going on.

Whats the correct orientation of the little gear?

What other problem could i have?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I bet there is a broken tooth on one of the gears. The odometer will work until the bad spot on the gear comes around, then it will stop. If that's not it, then maybe the broken tab is allowing the gear to shift out of alignment?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm mabey I did miss a broken tooth.
The tab was on the clear plastic that covers the gauges. I was just saying that someone has had the cluster apart before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts