TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got bored this afternoon, figured I'd see if I couldn't toss together some white gauge covers. This is a really basic design, just to see if I could do it... But I like it. I'll try to take some lit pictures once it gets dark. :) Opinions?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Umm, heh, is that using normal computer paper?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Naw.. It's some higher quality (read: expensive) photo paper. It's good stuff. Regardless of that, it'll probably still yellow and peel in a couple days time. Until then, though! ;) If it does, I've some vinyl I was thinking about using. I've used the stuff for a bumper sticker and it's lasted me little over a year now, so that should do the trick if the photo paper fails me. And if both kinds are crap, I'll just put stock back on. :)

Joe

·
Gauge master
884 Posts
Those look very nice

My only suggestion is to paint the needles a contrasting color, so that you can see them against the white background. The needles are actually clear and painted white on the back side. You have to carefully scrape the paint off the back side and apply several coats of orange (or what ever color you desire).

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Tazer999 said:
Umm, heh, is that using normal computer paper?
He's right. you'll want ph neutral paper, with non-fade ink, and laminate them. Photo paper will peel after it spends a few months in the sun.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Or you could buy them from Scott. :D

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
He could buy from Scott. (I am!) But I admire any person who is willing to do it himself. Even if it doesn't work, he tried. Good luck! Like to see some photos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts