TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And came back with some flowmaster 40s. I like the sound and everything, but i feel like something isn't right. The guy just cut off my mufflers and basically just welded the flowmasters in place.. But my stock piping is like 2.25 and i know the inlet of the flowmasters are like 2.5.. So yea is this okay to do??
And when i step out of my car after done driving i can smell the weld.. if this makes sense..

I just feel like the inlet being 2.5 and my piping being 2.25 is not right.. Has anyone done this??

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
im thinking i smell the weld still because it was done yesterday???

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Yeah its normal 2 smell the fresh welds

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
the inlet on the stock mufflers is less then 2 inches. its been years since ive had a stock exhaust, but i think its 1 7/8 or something.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well there you goo.. its even smaller then i thought.. this cant be good anyone got any opinions?? the flowmasters inlet is definately bigger then 2 and my stock inlets are smaller then 2... Can you really just throw on 2.5 inlets and weld them on like that even though they are not the same diamter?

·
Registered
890 Posts
nnew bigger piping would've have been better than just changing the mufflers, i got the flowmaster cat-back system big difference than stock

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
It's called useing expanders/reducers to join pipes of different sizes. You will smell some stuff being new welds and new mufflers...

I would have saves some money and went 2.5" from the cats back to your mufflers. Enjoy the new sound!

·
Registered
623 Posts
do you have a video clip of how it sounds?

·
Registered
245 Posts
The Flowmasters, internally, are the same design inside (same size) with each particular series. Only difference are the inlet/outlet sizes that you can choose. So no biggie. But I agree, you should have had some new 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 piping put on.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
once i find a set of kooks headers im gonna have 2.5 piping put in.. But im in the process of gathering parts for my PI swap;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I Went back to the exhaust shop yesterday and got a 3inch mid pipe after the cats into 2.5 piping into 2 flowmaster 40s

Sounds so much better!! I will post a vid and pics soon

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
um i dont think i have a resonator... i have 3 cats well unless the last cat is really the resonator then yes! And no our stock exhasut is like a 2 not 2 1/4

1 - 17 of 17 Posts