TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
i was considering that kit once, and maybe doing some modifications to make it fit, good idea for a layout tho

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
I think you should consider using a SC short block or beef up your NA 3.8 if you want a high power turbo.

- Dan

·
Registered
466 Posts
you dont need to get a new shortblock to get a turbo...just a safe tune and reasonable boost.

TMA isnt making any Mustang kits anymore...last I heard hes going on with school and a viper turbo kit...

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Yep Andy has stopped making Mustang turbo kits...for now anyway, who knows. He once said he was going to stop making them and ended making more than he had previously. His later versions of kits made some NICE power, most of them being on STOCK shortblock, making anywhere from 350-475rwhp depending on boost and turbo selection.

But buying one of those would be as useful as buying a kit for a camaro, nothing would work but the turbo, wastegate, BOV, etc.

-Thomas

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
you would have to build a custom hot side and cold side. If you ever get a chance try flipping the stock headers around and checking the clearances. Ive never took a reaallly good look at the 3.8 setup.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
I supercoupe guy actually had luck flipping his stock manifolds, when converting to a turbo. I couldn't believe it worked, but it clears perfectly.
-Thomas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts