1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I think that Sir William has the engine oil supply feeding the turbo, with a pump on the return line to ensure that the oil doesn't back up in the turbo. Of course, I could be wrong, but this setup would work fine anyway, provided you have the correct pump.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
He's using the oiling system from the STS rear mount turbo f-body kit.

·
Registered
974 Posts
holy crap, how's the lag with that crazy long piping?? I've seen kits like that but I've never actually seen it on a car of somone on here. I just didn't realize that's the kti he was using. What happens when you drive in the rain?

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok cool ill have to check into the pump and see if he cant give me alittle insight on how it goes.

95blklsc did you see the mesh back that said K&N on it? that stops water from getting into the filter

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
No lag to speak of, not more than any other turbo car that is. 1/2 to a second or so at speed. As for rain, a bit of water on the road is fine. But a LOT of water is bad. Standing water on the road can be pulled into the intake tract. It just causes a slight miss if you crack open the throttle over 1/2, but it evaporates pretty quickly with all the air passing over it. If it rains that bad, I'll pull over or not drive at all.

As for the oiling system, it's indeed adapted from STS' kit. There are several things I would do differently knowing what I know now, but not tremendously, just a bit. :D

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
I wonder if you could cut a hole in the trunk and stick the air filter in there :D I know it sounds weird but it could probably work. A little moisture is alright, especially with a turbo, the turbine actually turns it into a mist and it would simulate water injection ;)
-Thomas

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok sir will could you tell me what system from sts you got ahold of and tell me how you set this all up? please and thanks

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
he's actually prototyping it, so it's not a kit...yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts