TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving down a dark country road about 20 miles from home. A coyote ran out in front of me, I swerved, hit him anyway, went off the road sideways, flew up in the air a bit and slammed into a concrete ditch, the car went up on two wheels, then fell down again on all four...airbags didnt go off, front or sides, which surprised me bercause I went from 50-0 real fast. So I get out, engine is still running by the way, cant seee much other then the fact that I was high center on the concrete, basically the concrete did this \/ and I was in the middle with my passenger side rear tire/wheel pressed hard up against the right part of the V. I start walking then realize that this is a dumb idea because it's cold, late, foggy, but I have no cell phone to call a tow truck...so I get in the car, start it & I am able to back it up off the concrete, snaking around scraping my car up, mostlikely causing more damage to it, but I had to get home, wasnt thinking correctly after what happened. I get the car out, and on the road, look at it, cant see much due to the cold, so I drive home, engine knocking radiator steaming, rear of the car vibrating hard, parts falling off left & right. So I get it home, look at it, the pass. side rear wheel is bent inward (the wheel itself itsnt bent, something else is) that wheel is all scratched, something behind the transaxle is dented in and there is a ton of grass/mud all in the middle of the car. the radiator has a big hole in it, and I drove home with no antifreeze, hopefully I didnt blow a headgasket or anything, oiil looked normal the other day, the engine runs real rough, hoping it's just an engine mount or two. the clutch isnt engaging very well. and it just doesnt ride right, the front allignment is all messed up too. So now i'm dealing wiht insurance company BS, trying to get it fixed. and to top it all off, the morning before the accident, I got a four wheel allignment done & got new brake pads...sucks, I almost hope they total it, because the car will never be the samee.. my bird was never the same and that wasnt even mechancial damage, just body damage, sucks

Earl

PS. thnks for letting me rant about my NON MN12!! it's appreciated

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Earl, I would suggest you take a good look at your driving, it seems you are either quite unlucky, or drive too fast for conditions. The speed limit is the UPPER limit, not the lower limit.

I hope they total it, because now it really is a fukus.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to hear that, seem like everyone is getting into a accident, my brother wrecked his stang on Friday the 13th. WCF

frrame is tweaked, so I'm sure they are going to tottal it.:(

But at least you two are ok

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Silverstang2k1 said:
Sorry to hear that, seem like everyone is getting into a accident, my brother wrecked his stang on Friday the 13th. WCF

frrame is tweaked, so I'm sure they are going to tottal it.:(

But at least you two are ok
me too, I popped a tire on my SC on thursday night/friday morning and the guy who helped me out (my jack was broken) ended up popping both his front tires at the same spot I did... bad luck on the 13th:(

P.S. sorry to hear about that, Earl... get a bird if they total it :D

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Silverstang2k1 said:
Earl....
Guess what..... I think there is something that is just about as bad a wrecking a car.

peep this
:uppoint: :uppoint:

I saw a girl putting oil in her radiator....told her nicely what she was doing wrong, and she got all pissed off at me like I was trying to play a mean joke on her. She blew her engine about 20 miles later on the interstate. :rolleyes: I later found out she had put 3 quarts of oil in the radiator :eek:

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Last month I took out a SHEEP with our '01 Suburban. I was driving on the backroads in rural Illinois, crested a hill, and there they were - about 20 of them. Most of them right on or next to the road. I slammed on the brakes but I was on a gravel road and felt the back end start to come around. So, I let off the brakes and one ran in front of me and I took it out. The thing pushed the front bumper in so far it was gouging the right front tire and I couldn't drive it. After a tow and $2900 in repairs, it looks as good as new. Man, did I get hell from everyone around here because it made our town's newspaper.
HEADLINE
MAN UNINJURED AFTER HITTING SHEEP

:uppoint:

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Embalmer said:
Last month I took out a SHEEP with our '01 Suburban.
HEADLINE
MAN UNINJURED AFTER HITTING SHEEP
Better not let Average Joe see this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts