TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i just put the IAC in .. it was really built up with carbon.. so i start the car, let it run, drive it around the block a few times.. ect.. let it sit around 10 min with me and bro waiting to see if it stalled... and of course it did.. but the better news is the car started right back up.. when before it wouldnt want to turn over till the engine cooled down a few min. Must be the EGR? i just got hte egr valve for real cheap.. so i figured what the hell, might as well replace it.. also, if anyone has any WORKING MAF's for a 95 tbird 4.6, let me know.. and does anyone have the thread for the EGR cleaning ect.. thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
12,737 Posts
You may just need to clear the EEC, and let it relearn the settings; theres a procedure somewhere here...

Mine idled high until I reset it, no telling what yours is set to currently.

If you've already done that, sorry; but it takes more than a drive around the block.

I have an everyday drive that is redlights the first 10 miles, then interstate; it always sets up by the time I'm there.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Don't just throw parts at it troubleshoot the issue. Personally something intermitant like that would have me leaning toward a MAF. Next time it stalls and won't start unplug your MAF and see if it starts back up

·
Registered
875 Posts
On the 94-5 manifolds, there is a rubber tee vac fitting just to the driver's side of center and just in front of the throttle body. Mine was split wide open, causing similar symptoms. Worth a look.

Mike

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright

sry, had no net, was out of town a few days.. i'll try the waiting for stall.. unhook maf to see if it turns right back on.. will also do the egr channels on tues, next day i'm off, thanks for the replys everyone.. lets hope this works...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.