TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference in the 95 and 96 valves. The 96 has a port in the front of it which goes to the intake tubing. The 95 did not have this.If you are using 96 intake components on a 95 which valve should you use?

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I rewired it to do it that way and I obviously am drawing too much air from somewhere. Has anyone swapped a 94/05 to 96/97 intake?

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
I bought a new IAC for my 04 PI intake on my 94 block...If the wires are reversed, it'll run like sh*t...The new IAC was like...$3x.xx from advance. I ordered one for a 97 T-bird, if that helps ya any? haven't had any probs either.

Shane

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I got it figured out. I found my pcv valve had pulled out quite a bit, gonna have to bend up a new line for it. It is still idling about 100rpm too high,but I think that has to do with my throttle body. I got looking and the IAC is intake specific. The tube on the outside goes to the intake tube on the later one. The 95 style did not have that because it draws air from the inside of the intake.

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts

On the 94-95's the IAC draws the air from the fitting seen underneath the IAC valve in the top pic. The air tube that connects to this fitting is hard and cracks easy so she might have sprung a leak thus letting in un-meatered air. They (Ford) added a chamber to the IAC tube to combat a nasty "Whurlling" (Sp) noise and some of the earlier cars did not have the chamber'd tube.. but do have the noise.

Another note... the '94-5 intakes have an EGR channel running along the intake ports and this sucker gets gummed up pretty bad. it's good pratice when removing a 94-5 intake to clean the crap out of the EGR channel.

-Scott

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Scott.
I have just rounded up some serious spare parts to get this right. The pcv valve gets manifold vacuum doesn't it?
The vacuum for the fpr and egr are from a venturi source near the throttle body Is that correct? I am going to pitch the cv upper intake for an explorer version and work it over again.
Alan

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Palmguy said:
Yeah, I have a '95 car with a '96+ style intake, and I'm using the intake-specific IAC (mine is actually the original IAC off a '02 Explorer).
Gotta pic?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts