TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I am 99.9% sure that is what my haynes manual calls it. Make sure to give Dan Newman from Joe Cooper Ford (on TCCoA home page). He'll have a competitive price for genuine Ford parts.

Rob

·
Registered
204 Posts
I agree, and wouldn't get it from anyone other than Ford because most say that you have to jack around with aftermarket ones but the Ford part work perfectly. I have 1 from a 90 SC that I could sell you but most times poor idle is caused by intake air leaks and not the IAC. Let me know at [email protected]
Good luck

·
Registered
40 Posts
They are the same, however, take the one from your car with you when you purchase the replacement. The SC IAC valve is about 4" long, mounts to the side of the throttle body, and the valve assembly runs aft. I replaced mine a couple of years ago and the replacement I got from the parts store ran forward instead of aft and could not be installed because of interference with compressor lines. The IAC valve on the normally aspirated 3.8 'Birds mounts on top of the TB and does not have such a location conflict, something I think is overlooked by most parts stores. I ended up using the IAC valve off of my brother's '89 N/A 3.8 and installed the new one onto his car. Just a heads up...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts