TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These two parts seem to have the same symptoms that would indicate something wrong, yet I can not find a desription an to where they are. Which one is attached to the driver side of the TB, i think that this is the IAC. If this is true where is the other and why is it so damn hard to get the friggin screws out. I have a feeling that this may be one of my longstanding problems and while im asking where is the pcv valve at been lookin under the hood for like 10 min. and cant find it!

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts

The IAC valve (Idle air control valve) controls the idle and has a hose connected to it that attaches to the air intake tube. The IAC is held on by two 10mm bolts and normally needs to be replaced after 75,000 miles. The TPS (Throttle pos. sensor) is located on the throttle body and held on by those screws that are very hard to get off. The TPS tells Mr. EEC what position the throttle plate is in.

You can't see the IAC in the pic but I know where it is. :rolleyes:

The PCV valve is located on the passenger side valve cover under the air intake tube.

-Scott

·
Registered
27 Posts
lol, okay this is gonna sound dumb but on my 95 t-bird there is no hose from the intake that connects to the iac. is there suppost to be, cause it might explain why my car stalls alot.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
triton18s said:
lol, okay this is gonna sound dumb but on my 95 t-bird there is no hose from the intake that connects to the iac. is there suppost to be, cause it might explain why my car stalls alot.

yes, on the back side of the engine... (drivers side) there is a hose that runs from the intake to the IAC. This bypasses the intake and allows air to pass into the engine under control of the IAC valve to keep it idling. If this hose is not present, then Im sure it would stall out.

MG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts