TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope everyone that has been hit w/ this ice storm is doin alright. I made it through w/ power and all, and then all of the sudden at about 11pm tonight, the power died. Go figure. It's not even raining or anything yet the power picks now to go out??

Nothing like being in the wheelwell of my Vic trying to get the bleeder valve open since I just put a new master cyl. on it and having the lights go out. My wife said she's never heard me use that many curse words in a row, lol...

Everyone drive safe and keep warm. I guess I'll be surfing the boards as long as the batt. on my laptop holds out.

Jay

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
How about shipping some of that ice down here, we could use it for margarita's. :D

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
I could use some ice too, its been real warm here lately.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I got kinda lucky, I guess. A limb in the neighbor's yard took my power line down, but instead of it breaking, it just pulled my weather head and meater off the house. I still have power, but now I have live wires running across my chain-link fence and along the ground to the pole.

Better than freezing to death tho! Just about anybody outside of city limits (and some inside) are without power and looking at a couple of days before the poles that snapped in half get replaced.

Rob

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Sounds about as fun as going a week without power during a hot humid August in SWFL.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Southpaw said:
How about shipping some of that ice down here, we could use it for margarita's.
WkStill said:
I could use some ice too, its been real warm here lately.
First of all to all you southern guys. Very funny......:D

We've got a lot of ice, but it looks like snow. (till you try and walk through it and end up walking over it.) My girlfriend and her mother are without power, and have been for a while so I'm getting guests pretty soon. What a way to spend a three day weekend!

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
It's been unseasonably cold up here this last week or so. It snowed last Wednesday and there is still a bunch on the ground (something that doesn't happen very much in this part of Oregon.) Good video game weather, I'd say. :)

·
Registered
798 Posts
cougar_guy04 said:
So that would probably explain the 20-some power company trucks on I-70 West yesterday.
I was on I-70 East on my way to Cloverdale Saturday afternoon, and seen about 20 power trucks then.

I'll probably see even more when I go back tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
It's been unseasonably warm down here. Perhaps we could ship you some hot air in return for the ice? lol

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Southpaw said:
It's been unseasonably warm down here. Perhaps we could ship you some hot air in return for the ice? lol

screw that....make it just enough ice to keep the beer cold and its a deal. If i HAVE to wear shoes to go outside, im asking for a full refund.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Great Obucina said:
screw that....make it just enough ice to keep the beer cold and its a deal. If i HAVE to wear shoes to go outside, im asking for a full refund.
Well, since the ice has finally gone, we decided to get 4 inches of snow this past weekend. Would you consider this for your beer instead? :D

Jay

1 - 14 of 14 Posts