TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A freakin' EGR valve on a 94-95. I did a guy I work with's tonight, and absolutely hated it. Everything went a lot easier after I dropped the Y-Pipe, and took the tube off from the bottom though. That engine was definately not designed for easy maintenance, that's for sure. BTW: He has over 270,000 miles on the car, and besides the EGR valve, the engine seemed to be in pretty good shape. Bad converter shudder though.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Rich95XR7 said:
A freakin' EGR valve on a 94-95. I did a guy I work with's tonight, and absolutely hated it. Everything went a lot easier after I dropped the Y-Pipe, and took the tube off from the bottom though. That engine was definately not designed for easy maintenance, that's for sure. BTW: He has over 270,000 miles on the car, and besides the EGR valve, the engine seemed to be in pretty good shape. Bad converter shudder though.

I'm with you on that man. I've had to screw that damn thing 3 times now because for some reason it gets off. I was wondering if I could you use like a hose or something, because it's fustrating enough to get under the car and fix that POS

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Rich95XR7 said:
A freakin' EGR valve on a 94-95. I did a guy I work with's tonight, and absolutely hated it. Everything went a lot easier after I dropped the Y-Pipe, and took the tube off from the bottom though. That engine was definately not designed for easy maintenance, that's for sure. BTW: He has over 270,000 miles on the car, and besides the EGR valve, the engine seemed to be in pretty good shape. Bad converter shudder though. [/QUOTE
:rofl: I hear you!!!

I took one look at that EGR valve location and said screw that!! To the dealership it went!!! That is one time when they lost money on their times. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts