TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...

Im getting some custom exterior emblems made. I want them to be related to: Big Bore, 305, 5.0 or SC.

I wanted to see people's ideas on design with font etc. Photoshop style would be cool or just plain WORD. Any combo of the above characteristics (also open to ideas). Two side fenders and rear tailgate.

Incase someone is interested I can have more than one set made..

Alex

·
Registered
443 Posts
Unless you have a chevy 5.0, I wouldn't put 305 on it. 302 will work though

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bradley Blaze said:
Unless you have a chevy 5.0, I wouldn't put 305 on it. 302 will work though
4.6L + Big Bore = 5.0L / 305ci

·
Registered
443 Posts
awdRocks said:
4.6L + Big Bore = 5.0L / 305ci
yeah, but most people don't know that. I made the mistake of putting SVTBIRD on my license plate now people ask if I have a Cobra engine or a supercharged engine, then a you to explain everything to them.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Bored 302

There were some specialty ones somewhere, but can't remember. Couldn't find on search.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Most car companies are pretty relaxed about the whole C.I. to Liter conversion anyway. Chevy calls their 305 a 5.0, Just as Ford calls their 302 a 5.0.

I'd go with the 302 logo. It'll really throw off ford nuts who will tell their girlfriends as you drive by...."What a dope! Ford stopped putting the 302 in the Explorer years ago!" Then you hit the gas and leave them wayyy behind.

·
Registered
443 Posts
you could also put one of Obucina'a avatars as an emblem, it would definitely benefit you at the strip b/c the guy in the other lane will be looking at it instead of the light.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Bradley Blaze said:
you could also put one of Obucina'a avatars as an emblem, it would definitely benefit you at the strip b/c the guy in the other lane will be looking at it instead of the light.

LOL... thats funny... seee yaaa.... he might catch me though to get a better look at her :tongue:

Well its hard to make mine a sleeper now. Especially with my hood scoop and the rocking-n-rolling cams ;)

5.0 might be cool. That should really through off the Ford guys. And its not a lie or mistake... hmmm Maybe 5.0 with BigBore under it..... and if I put 5.0 305 the ChEvy guys will think "wanna be" hehe....

I dont just want a Mustang 5.0 logo... I want to set it apart from the rest.... im leaning towards 5.0 w/Bigbore under it.

My next exterior mod I want to kill all the molding lines around the entire car. Even fill in the trenches on the side skirts... just have it all smooth and clean... and the fenders will look like a very settle wide body... no wider than the molding now, but just smooth it into the car so it looks like part of the structure.

Then maybe some shaved door handles.... hmmm

·
Registered
272 Posts
I like the second one all the way around. I think the 5.0 will kind of makt the truck look cheep. and we all know it is not that. or maybe the v8's on the side and the v8s with flags in the back. of v8s on the side and the 5.0 suppercharged in the back. that would look good. I just think the 5.0 on the side is too big for the explorers lines and the flags make the dif from the others.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you know your right. The 5.0 emblem is kinda oldish looking also, doesnt really go with the lines. The flags are a nice little touch.. kinda classy, like an anniverasy model or something... I could also see the 5.0 one out back... that way when people are getting smoked they can see why ;)

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I kinda just like those V8 emblems that I think were from explorers. The ones that just say "V8" in a slanted font. They look very clean. I was thinking that with maybe the little "SUPERCHARGED" emblem following it would be ok.

another one i found,
5LITRE V8

1 - 15 of 15 Posts