3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would I identify whether or not an engine was an '01? Thanks
-Rob

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
diffrences

I recently purchaced a 01 vick motor I can't tell you the diffrence between the years I might be able to give you a couple of pointers that will help you. I noticed the vick motor has a dip stick on the driver side and it is shorter than the birds. The 01 vick motor will be a pi motor. It should have a PI sticker on each side of the head above the exhaust port. A vick motor will be a romeo engine and will have the oil fill on the driver side compared to a windsor engine which will have the oil fill on the passanger side. A crown victoria will have the air inlet on the driver side. If you get a 01 crown victoria motor you will have to have or reuse the folowing parts. 96-97 front cover, tbird 4.6 oil pan and pickup tube oil and water inlet on driver side of block and tbird dipstick tube. It is not a bad ideal to replace the transmission dipstick tube seal while you have access. It might be possiable to reuse the fuel rails on the victoria since the 94-95 bird lets fuel in toward the front. It will also be nessary to get the egr tube for the 96-97 bird. The air inlet is possiable to turn around. It might be nessary to get the 96-97 throttle bracket. It will also benessary to relocate the gauge temp sensor. There is block drain on the driver side that can be used.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts