TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its pulled from the car. What numbers are on the diff? Also whats a good price for a 100xxx mile tl? Its supposed to be 2.73s

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
If its already pulled from the car remove the cover. Or if it has its tag identify it that way.

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
If you look on the tag, it will say somewhere either 2L73 or 2 73, with obviously the 2L73 being the trak-lok unit. However if it is 2.73s in an MN12 housing, it probably is a trak-lok as the only car to come with that ratio was the 5-speed SC, and all of them got the trak-lok.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whats a good price for a 100xxx mile trac lok?

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
For a 2.73, I wouldn't pay more than $100.

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
Sounds good then.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I payed $50 for my 3.27 TL which had 5k on it since the rebuild..... then again I don't think the guy knew what he had at the time. He was all about 2.73's for fuel economy lol I was browsing the wanted section and it looks like now he wants 3.27's. Bottom line I'm happy with my purchase but I'm sure that kid is kicking himself now.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Im getting 2 for that price. :D
I payed $50 for my 3.27 TL which had 5k on it since the rebuild..... then again I don't think the guy knew what he had at the time. He was all about 2.73's for fuel economy lol I was browsing the wanted section and it looks like now he wants 3.27's. Bottom line I'm happy with my purchase but I'm sure that kid is kicking himself now.
Chris, shame on you for taking advantage! ;)

I got mine for free. A friend of mine salvages automobiles and he was fixin' to haul the '86 Ford Thunderbird 5.0L to the yard when I pulled a 3.27 TL out. Technically, I did give him SOMETHING for it; metal goes for about seven cents a pound and I had the old rear end out of my Bird I gave him for weight, so 400 lbs x $.07 = $28.00, if you want to look at it that way. LOL

·
Registered
5,417 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well hello sir lol, we might have to negotiate that price a little bit, if u know what i mean, PM me lemme know whats up.
OK, my price is obo as stated in my ad. But I still have to make something. I hope you dont expect to get it for what I paid.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i still got my mustang parked in my garage i need to pull it out but before i ditch my old fox body ive been thinking of pulling out my trac lok out of my mustang so i can install it in my t bird i know i got the steps in the gears for the cv joints but other then that is it possible ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts