TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy crap I’m so pissed off right now…

I went to my bank today to see if I could get a small $500 personal loan. I’ve gotten personal loans and auto loans before from my bank with no problem until today. The bank manager ran a credit check and said, “Sorry your credit score is kind of low”. WHAT!? Turns out some ***** ***** mother ****er stole my information! I’ve just been a victim of identity theft. They took out a credit card with Air Tran Airways and ran up a bill in my name! This has never happen to me before and now my credit totally sucks balls! I filled out a report with the credit card company and I’m working with the big 3 credit agencies right now to get it wiped from my credit report. Before I had a score close to 800, not bad for a 23 year old. But just some advice to others…change your password on a regular bases, don’t give out your SS over the phone unless you know for sure who it is, don’t eat before you swim, don’t talk to strangers, and don’t ever pick up a hooker with a humpback.

That is all…

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Dude, sorry to hear about that Ox, that sucks, work with the credit agencies, they have seen it before, had a good friend recover from a similar incident and the police actually caught the crook. The same could happen to you! Good Luck.

oh, and to answer your other question from a different post, its good here, I am well, along with the rest of the family, we are looking at houses for the next 10 days and will get one soon, then we will have our own place, that way, when you come this way, you have a place to hang out at!!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts

I went to my bank today to see if I could get a small $500 personal loan. I’ve gotten personal loans and auto loans before from my bank with no problem until today. The bank manager ran a credit check and said, “Sorry your credit score is kind of low”. WHAT!? Turns out some ***** ***** mother ****er stole my information! I’ve just been a victim of identity theft. They took out a credit card with Air Tran Airways and ran up a bill in my name! This has never happen to me before and now my credit totally sucks balls! I filled out a report with the credit card company and I’m working with the big 3 credit agencies right now to get it wiped from my credit report. Before I had a score close to 800, not bad for a 23 year old. But just some advice to others…change your password on a regular bases, don’t give out your SS over the phone unless you know for sure who it is, don’t eat before you swim, don’t talk to strangers, and don’t ever pick up a hooker with a humpback.

That is all…
Been in a similar situation before, the credit card companies deal with this stuff all the time, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
That being said, sucks to hear man.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
And if you do any online banking or payments, keep your anti-virus, anti-trojan, anti-spyware, firewall, and OS updated and fully operational.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh, and to answer your other question from a different post, its good here, I am well, along with the rest of the family, we are looking at houses for the next 10 days and will get one soon, then we will have our own place, that way, when you come this way, you have a place to hang out at!!
Sweet can't wait, maybe I'll get some free plane tickets for my trouble! :)

And if you do any online banking or payments, keep your anti-virus, anti-trojan, anti-spyware, firewall, and OS updated and fully operational.
I sure do, $45 a year for spyware blocker and norris. They do those computer sweeps all the time.

·
Registered
128 Posts

That is all…
I don't do any of my business period over the phone or computer. Secure site just means it will take the hackers longer than somewhere else.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts