TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Idiocracy just came out on DVD, and if you like Office Space, you need to see this movie. It's funny in all the same ways, and subtler than one might think. For those who haven't heard of it, the premise is that an army experiment sends an average doofus 500 years into the future, at which point society has become so stupid that he's now the smartest man in the world. This is another Mike Judge film, btw, and I have the unfortunate feeling that it's dead on the money.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
lol. the movie was kinda pointless. really dull plot, but yeah. it could happen... (the great garbage avalanche) did you notice teh APC racing seats in his lawyers car, right before they blew it up? tehy werent recaro, or corbeau.... but APC. mabye this movie is dead on the money. sacrificing quality for crap. guess you must be DEE DEE DEE!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
StupidFly said:
did someone steal your password?
No, I genuinely thought this movie was hilarious. I did think that the best parts were the ones that they didn't beat you over the head with; for instance, the Carl's Jr. slogan was way funnier than the whole gatorade thing. But tell me the part about the most popular movie (purposely vague so as not to spoil it for others) wasn't dead on the money, given the popularity of Jackass and other shows deleterious to one's gray matter.

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
that was actually a serious question (havent seen the movie, I'll check it out). You posted an "Advertisement" right before a request for your password info for your webspace. :) sorry

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
StupidFly said:
that was actually a serious question (havent seen the movie, I'll check it out). You posted an "Advertisement" right before a request for your password info for your webspace. :) sorry
Ah, I see. No, these are two entirely separate trains of thought, and both indeed came from me, Will.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Yeah, I watched it last weekend, it was pretty great.

The little keypad / fast-food order system that they had at the hospital was hilarious. I liked the new Carl's Jr. logo, too.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
The way the Fuddruckers name evolved was interesting. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts