TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im crazy and i know it, I have just enough info to be dangerous. Im taking a 90 bird i have and building a foot brake car for bracket racing. I plan to make this a V8 car at some point, but why waste a good running 3.8L so i plan to hit it with a 100 shot NOS system as well drop the exhaust and run 3 inch stight pipe to the rear. Of course this maybe an bad idea but what the heck the worse i could do is kill the engine, as i stated before i plan to replace this driveline with fomoco V 8 power. But any sugestions on makinging this a viable plan?

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Well, when ever you want to drop a V8 in there(hopefully at least a 351W), hit me up..

and welcome to the site.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Why do something twice? I'd say (if you're dead set on the V8 swap), do it now and don't bother with trying to blow up the 3.8 motor. Seems kinda pointless and a waste of money to me.

Personally, I'd just assume buy a V8 car and start from there unless you're just gonna gut the car and going carbed like 95badbird did with his. I know if I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't even consider the 3.8.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its called speed to market LOL A: i wont get anything for the 3.8 B ill spend no extra as im using the system on the V8 car too C this way at least ill get run the car this year.

as for the V8 it will be a 577 stroker with a 200 shot, car will be full tub when done.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Plumbing new exhaust for what might amount to one unspectacular run sounds like an exercise in futility. I don't think this "might" be a bad idea as you put it. More like is. :D

But whatever it's your car. If you want to have some fun blowing it up and don't mind doing the work go ahead and do it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts