TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ever since it got cold out my car has been idling at like 250 rpms. with the super low idle its pretty burbley so it sounds like i have a real mean cam, which i dont. it revs right up when i get on the gas, but it just seems wrong for it to be idleing that low. is this a warning of something about to go out on me?

·
Registered
789 Posts
I would give plugs and wires a check.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just got the premium plugs and wires about 2000 miles ago. ill clean the iac and the maf today.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
went to go out to my parents farm today with the intetion of ripping everything from the air cleaner to the manifold off and giving it a good cleaning to see if that would solve the issue. get out to start up the car, no idle issue. drive out there let it idle for a while doesnt do it once. one thing i have always found about fords is they do that to me all the time. they'll have an issue like shifting funny or hiccuping then as soon as you go to show someone what it does or fix it the glitch is gone. its nice that these cars hold up so well but i wish it would stay broken so i could just diagnose a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts