TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Possibly a bad MAF?? Try unplugging it and see if it runs. If so, plug it back in while it's running and see what you get.

Jay

·
Registered
244 Posts
i had same problem when i got a bwd iac from auto parts store .. 2nd one i got worked fine motorcraft is a better part. and only 20 bucks or so more.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
i had same problem when i got a bwd iac from auto parts store .. 2nd one i got worked fine motorcraft is a better part. and only 20 bucks or so more.
I was going to suggest IAC also. They are rather expensive so I wouldn't just run out and buy one yet. Clean it first with like a sensor safe MAF cleaner and then see if it helps. Over time, they get a lot of deposit build up inside and could start to stick.

If you clean/replace your IAC and the problem doesn't go away, it could be your TPS.

·
smoothed and filled red pearl 94
631 Posts
thats a starting problem, not an idle problem. i am no expert, but i have had iac problems in the past, and that is not iac related. if it doesnt do this when its warm or when you stop at a light, the iac is not your problem. i would also not suspect the MAF, again because this is only on startup not idle at all times. does it still do it if you prime the fuel pump several times?

-John

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Hmm, I also think it might be an IAC, but in the video you said you got a new one right? Take it back and get a different one. I also noticed that your CE light wasn't on. Was it on recently and went off?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no, the engine light never came on... took it to the shop and they replaced the iac but it didnt seem to run right ,after that... so we turned up the idle so it was drivable...since then its always drove this way but after it warms up, there is no problems...that is why i dont think its the iac or maf, maybe i need a new computer,,,idk but thanks for the replies...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wella buddy told me it sounds like a gasket leak somewere..because it only does it when its cold, he said when the engine warms up it reseals itself, and that happens over and over ,,, so its probly a small leak im gunna check it out tomorrow...ill let you know the out come...

·
Registered
49 Posts
yea I was going to suggest you check for vacuum leaks as a 2nd suggestion

The symptom definitely says IAC, that's exactly what mind did when it went, it would start and then just die. Did the shop replace the IAC with a new one? maybe they put a used one on there? Back when mine was having issues you could just smack it a little and it would free it up and start working again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts