TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok....my car idles like absolute poo....ive clean my iac....my maf...its been poo all around.....if you leave it siting in nuetral for a little bit of time...it will almost stall...like drop down around 300rpms....then the computer will catch it....and it will go back up to around 650....i think this is a low idle anyways....but after that.....anything below 1000 rpms is rough as crap.....and if i put it in D it will stall....unless i two foot it..i dont have the slightlest clue were to start to look for this problem as all the place ive looked have been unhelpful....has anyone had a problem like this before?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I had the same problem before when my MAF sensor started messing up, and then again on Saturday, AFTER I cleaned the MAF. It has cleared up since then for some unknown reason. It's been running pretty decent. BUT if it had continued, I was going to try cleaning the IAC, replacing plugs/wires, and as a last resort check the injectors.

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
This might seem basic ... maybe even a dumb question ... but ...
Did you reset your computer after cleaning your MAF?

When did the idle problem begin? Did you make any recent modifications that might have lead to this problem? Did this problem begin after a modification?

(basic questions for more info ... )

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think i may have helped with a long computer reset...i usually only wait like a few minutes....but i had the car unpluged for a good 20 minutes last night....no power at all....the idle seems to be relearning but its back to normal....so it may have just needed an actaully reseting...since it takes a few minutes to redo the comp...ill keep people posted but im trying a few things

·
Registered
875 Posts
That sounds exactly like the problem I've been battling. I haven't figured it out yet either. Cleaned the IAC, cleaned the MAF twice, replaced a lot a old vacuum lines. Had the battery disconnected the whole time I was working on it, and it didn't help. JoeyICU, does it do it after it sits at idle for about 1 1/2 or 2 minutes? If I punch the throttle and clean it out, it will idle fine for another couple minutes, then do it again. If the car is in gear, it quits immediately. I'm going crazy here!! Keep me posted on what you find out.

Mike

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes thats my same problem......i have narrowed it down to the iac....and am going to fully replace it....im 90% sure its the iac....as i have check all my other areas and everything is up to spec

·
Registered
875 Posts
Joey, is yours throwing any codes? I'm getting a lean code for both banks (P0174 and P0171) according to AutoZone. Does anyone know how free the vent should be on the IAC? Mine cleaned up real nice, and I checked the resistance across the coil on the solenoid, and it was right in spec (indicating the solenoid isn't burned up), but it was really hard to blow through the vent if you held the valve closed. Any thoughts? Is this normal?

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mine through one side bank to lean but i just didnt reset the problem from a thing i did before...if it throws it again witch i think it wont ill tell ya....id just get a whole new one to be sure....your problem sounds more along the lines of an emesions control like an o2 sensor or its another problem like your maf....sounds like it....i need a whole new iac....so im goin to get one...my car stalled in D yesterday so im going to try and get a new one and if the problem goes away ill post about it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts