TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car is idling very rough.. i did clean the engine out last week do you think i got water in the spark plug holes an it caused this? or might it just be something else? the car accelerates and drives fun.. only at a stop its shaky/vibrating

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
do you have a distributor or DIS? could also be your MAF

·
Registered
68 Posts
idle air control

Advanced auto can have one shipped for under fifty dollars in a day or two and your problem will be solved. As age takes its toll, along with dirt and water, your idle valve slides instead of adjusting. There is an aerosol spray solution for the MAF sensor you can spray via induction tube. Hopefully it'll help. How many miles are on the car?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
XR7IST said:
Advanced auto can have one shipped for under fifty dollars in a day or two and your problem will be solved. As age takes its toll, along with dirt and water, your idle valve slides instead of adjusting. There is an aerosol spray solution for the MAF sensor you can spray via induction tube. Hopefully it'll help. How many miles are on the car?
85K miles. i guess u guys dont think its teh spark plugs. are you sure its the IAC? is there any way to check to be sure before i spend the money replacing it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts