·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me share a new discovery I made yesterday

·
Registered
890 Posts
so how does it compare to Guinness (sp?)

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll let you know when I get home from work tonight. Last nights strange beer was a Russian one called Doctor Diesel

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
Yes, I'm not one for stout beer, but quality beer is quality beer. I am definitely curious as to what something with that kind of name tastes like.

Where'd you find it?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
NEVER DRINK RUSSIAN BEER!!!!

I'm a Russian and can tell you that Russian beer is one of the worst in the world. I've never had a Russian beer that I liked. Go a little west to Czech Republic and Germany, they know how to make beer. If you are serious about getting your hands good beer, you must try Cafferys Irish Ale which is a very nice beer, but it is on the lighter side. Its a kind of beer you can drink all night. The absolute top beer ever is Westvleteren Abt 12. You have to order is directly from the monks in Belgium and with shipping it come out to about $12 a bottle. Its not a work on car beer, its a nice meal and relax once a week beer. After saying all that, I hate beer. I think it is one of the worst tasteing drinks ever. :D

Oh yeah, my dad is a beer guy and I've tried every kind of beer you can think of.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK the verdict is in

It is excellent!!!!!! It isn't really a stout just a really dark ale close to a porter. It has a nice heave chocolate overtone to it and lots of hops. If you are in West Palm you can get it at a little store called the corner store on Southern and Dixie

·
AnimeWhore
1,796 Posts
timb said:
OK the verdict is in

It is excellent!!!!!! It isn't really a stout just a really dark ale close to a porter. It has a nice heave chocolate overtone to it and lots of hops. If you are in West Palm you can get it at a little store called the corner store on Southern and Dixie

Sounds like a classic stovepipe porter style beer.
McNeil's Brewery here in VT makes the best Stout I've ever had. It's 100% black. You can hold your glass right up to a 100 watt light bulb and not see through it. :D
Sam Adams Cream Stout is good in a pinch though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts