TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm watching a salvage title '91 SC on eBay...it has the 5-speed and only 39,000 miles. I only want the seats...everything else would be sold off if I were to bid and win this car.

What do you guys estimate I could part out the car for? Between here and eBay, I think I could unload just about everything of value. How much is the engine worth?

Also - does this car currently belong to anyone here?

1991 SC on eBay

If I DO win, and the car is nicer than I'm expecting, I may just keep it - don't want to murder a perfectly good SC.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
it looks rather nice, why is it a salvage title? i didnt see anyhting about it in the ad.
i wouldnt part that one out.

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
3100 reserve, you cant part it out for that

·
Registered
890 Posts
Vehicle Description

The car has a dings and sctraches as you can see in the pictures. Nothing serious. It also has a cracked winshield, just one crack that runs across the winshield. Still ok to drive. The tranny has one syncro going out. Still ok to drive any distance. Them are the only things wrong with the car. Sounds like alot but the car is bound to have a few flaws. The car runs good. Lot of fun to drive. Gets good mileage. It has power everything. Nice interior no tears or flaws.

Direct from the ad, where does it say anything about it being rolled??

Also, I guess he can end the auction early, but if it runs till the end, isn't he obligated to sell it for the high bid??

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shotgun_prophet said:
When I emailed the seller, he told me the car had been rolled.

If you look in the description box, you'll see the title is indicated to be "Salvage" - so I emailed him to ask why it was a salvage title, and I was informed the car had been rolled.

·
Registered
890 Posts
well, either that is a very shady listing, or he rolled it AFTER he set up the ad. In which case I wouldn't expect that he would still hold out for the same reserve.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah - I certainly wouldn't pay much more than the current bid simply for lack of information. I've been trying to exchange emails with the seller for several days, and when I DO get replies they leave questions unanswered. That's why I would probably rather part the car out...I'm expecting problems I'm not seeing or reading about. But if bidding doesn't get much higher, it could be worth my time & effort just for the good-condition SC seats - assuming I could recoup a lot of the money by parting the car out.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
thats at lot of cash just for seats. if thats all your planning on using out of the car, i paid 300 for my seats, door panels, headliner , and leather steering wheel. i also got my stuff from a junk yard. unless you planning on using some part of the driveline , i think i would pass, unless you have people already lined up to buy the rest of the parts that are good. have you seen pics of this thing rolled? your seats your after may not even worth it if they got damaged.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I'm feeling it out here and I've been looking up past eBay auctions for the parts. I would be selling the engine, transmission, wheels, steering wheel, and all the little motors and panels that might fetch some money, then junking the rest. If bidding gets any higher, I'll probably pass and keep biding my time for some good seats. It would be a fun project, but I'm not intending to pay more than necessary.

The car being rolled was the cause of the "salvage" title designation, but the car is currently as you see it in the pics.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
then i agree, i wouldnt go too much higher, that looks rather fixable though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts