TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if u had an unlimited supply of money what would yall do to a 94' 3.8ltr. t bird??? has to be street legal, basically the ULTIMATE STREET CAR!!!!! has to handle, stop on a dime, go fast, look, kool....

·
Registered
103 Posts
buy a v8

·
Super Moderator
7,479 Posts
If money were no option and I wanted an ultimate street car, I would not start with anything with a 3.8 in it. If you are asking what you should do with a large chunk of money assuming that you want to keep the car, I would suggest swap in a built 4.2L with the top end from an SC, an autorotor blower, FMIC, 5-speed swap, and completely rebuild the driveline and suspension with parts that will hold up to the extra power. That being said, if you aren't really attached to the car you would be better off to find one that already has a V8 and save yourself a lot of time and money.

Mike

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
This is a joke right!? I mean your using 3.8L and ULTIMATE STREET CAR!!!!! in the same sentance? lmao

If I had the money to do whatever I want I sure as heck wouldn't be building the "ULTIMATE STREET CAR!!!!!" out of a '94 Tbird. lol

I'd go down to the dealership and buy it. It's called a Lamborghini Murcielago. Or maybe a nice clean used Diablo if they have one on the lot. ;)

·
SuperNewbie
2,869 Posts
jeleighlover said:
if u had an unlimited supply of money what would yall do to a 94' 3.8ltr. t bird??? has to be street legal, basically the ULTIMATE STREET CAR!!!!! has to handle, stop on a dime, go fast, look, kool....
well ill take a shot at the ultimate Tbird for me. AS well if i had unlimited money i definitly WOULD build myself a cool tbird, and go buy a new car too. Simply becuase if i had unlimited funds i could and would have multiple cars. So, building a cool bird would be fun, and thats why we're in this club anyway for tbird fun. right?

Id get a 32v4.6, probably throw a couple of turbos on it(no budget limit:D ). Cobra fiberglass hood. bulletproof Trans by darrin, bulletproof convertor by dirtydog. dual exhaust with the magnaflow midmount muffler, kooks headers. suspension probably airbags all the way around. mark 8 lower rear control arms, aluminum rear pumpkin. do the really big brake upgrade all the way around. :tongue: have someone do an awesome paint job on it. some wheels 18" or larger. Then the best interior guy you can find do something cool and custom on the inside.
then go have some fun driving it

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Drive to local Chevrolet Dealer and buy a new Z06 Vette-that's what I'd do.
JL

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Johnny Langton said:
JL
*ahem* amen! I'd be shopping on Kerbeck's website right now and it'd be getting delivered to SWFL by auto transport sometime next week. :D

If I had that kind of money that's what would be me fun daily driven "ultimate street machine". I'd still keep the Cougar and fix it up because I like it but my goal wouldn't be to try to make an "ultimate street machine" out of it. Waste of frick'in time and money if you ask me. lol

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Johnny Langton said:
JL
Drive to the local Ford Dealer and get a Shelby GT500. (Heck, money is no object, get a Ford GT!)

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
make the cougar a dedicated lets go racin car and buya 07 gt/cs and s/c it

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Yea especially that custom tubbed out drivers side wheel well you've got going on! lmmfao :D That birdie is hardly my idea of "the ultimate driving machine". :confused:

It's a show car. Belongs on a trailer. :zwall:

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
Southpaw said:
Yea especially that custom tubbed out drivers side wheel well you've got going on! lmmfao :D That birdie is hardly my idea of "the ultimate driving machine". :confused:

It's a show car. Belongs on a trailer. :zwall:
nah, it dosnt belong on a trailer, ive spent over 10 grand last year getting it drivable and in the right condition, ive taken it on several 4+hour each way road trips and its been great.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Good to here, I was just ribbing you. lol

It's just not the kind of ride that's the "ultimate driving machine" jeleighlover's dreaming about...

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Traveler said:
Drive to the local Ford Dealer and get a Shelby GT500. (Heck, money is no object, get a Ford GT!)
The newest ZO6 is hands down a bargain for the power it can make. For the cost of the ZO6 and a Vortech-there's not a Shelby or GT that can come close to touching it-and you'll have money left over.
JL

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
this post was susposed to be about making a t bird into the ultimate tbird street machine..... with unlimited funds.... no corvette bull crap... corvetts suck.... i hate chevy crap.....

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Johnny Langton said:
The newest ZO6 is hands down a bargain for the power it can make. For the cost of the ZO6 and a Vortech-there's not a Shelby or GT that can come close to touching it-and you'll have money left over.
JL
Probably true. But I want a FORD. :D

jeleighlover said:
this post was susposed to be about making a t bird into the ultimate tbird street machine..... with unlimited funds.... no corvette bull crap... corvetts suck.... i hate chevy crap.....
And you are right, it was about the ultimate MN12.

I'd get a 95 Bird, put a PI motor in it, thats been built to handle an AED blower. I'd put an SC leather interior in it, SC gauges, and SC ground effects and bumpers on it. (Its got the AED in it so its ok to have a bumper that says "Thunderbird SC" :D) Eibach springs, Koni shocks, Addco Sway bars. composite Driveshaft, Mark VIII LCA's. 3.55 gears (Its an ultimate driving machine not just a drag racer). 17x9 Cobra R's with 255/50/17's all around. Oh yea, and a 5-speed.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts