TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decide to do some preventive maintanence and change the fuel filter. I don't have the tool, but who needs it? Right? So I take screwdriver and try and pry it out. Well, long story short, I got the fuel filter off, but the metal neck is stuck inside the braided line. Can't get it out for the life of me. AND THE FUEL LINE IS DISCONTINUED! Looks like I'm in for some junkyard shopping.

What's my best bet here? Any other suggestions for getting me out of this jam?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hill1513 said:
So I decide to do some preventive maintanence and change the fuel filter. I don't have the tool, but who needs it? Right? So I take screwdriver and try and pry it out. Well, long story short, I got the fuel filter off, but the metal neck is stuck inside the braided line. Can't get it out for the life of me. AND THE FUEL LINE IS DISCONTINUED! Looks like I'm in for some junkyard shopping.

What's my best bet here? Any other suggestions for getting me out of this jam?
if you shove the tool in and pull on the neck with some needle nose you should be able to get it out.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Bigiron383 said:
What is this "tool" you're talking about? Is there a special "tool" for fuel filter removal?:2huh:
Yes.:)

The tool is a general fuel line remover. Any auto parts store should carry one.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, but I got a new line and put it on...

Who would have thought $150 to replace a fuel filter! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
You guys are just havin' way too much fun... Dontcha know this is serious business.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
Eric Z. said:
:uppoint: :uppoint: :uppoint: :uppoint: :thumbsup: :aowned: :gapteeth: :usa: :usa:

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts

·
Registered
3,178 Posts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts