TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing an install last week for a New Jersey State trooper. While I was there, he told me that starting this Monday, May 2, Jersey will launch a 30 day speeding ticket frenzy. The state estimates that 9 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. 1 million will go to pay state troopers over time. There will 50 state troopers on duty at all times patrolling the 9 main intersections and highways. They are the following:

I-295 north and south

1-95 (Jersey Turnpike) north and south

1-80 east and west

I-287 north and south

I-78 east and west

1-195 east and west

1-280 east and west

Rt. 130 north and south

Garden State Parkway north and south

I’m warning everyone now that 5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every state trooper is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 minutes. They have issued 30 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria cruisers and are bring in all their part timers on full time. If you work in New Jersey, New York, or CT, you must take one of there interstates, routes, or parkways. It’s up to you how fast you are doing when they do. I was told 101.5 FM confirmed all of this. So be safe and don’t forget speeding tickets are on you. You’ve been warned. Good Luck

·
Super Moderator
7,554 Posts
you know, I would absolutely love NJ if it weren't for all the cops. I'll be back up there in a few weeks to try to get some of my cars running again, so I'll make sure to be extremely careful. I have to make it to october without any tickets so that some of my points will be dropped. Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to tell my family.

Mike

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
How fast can they go in NJ ? They've gotta stop every 10 feet for a tollbooth anyway...

·
Super Moderator
7,554 Posts
Silver95Bird said:
How fast can they go in NJ ? They've gotta stop every 10 feet for a tollbooth anyway...
actually, on the turnpike you only pay when you get off, and on the parkway they changed it so that you only pay at half as many tolls, but you pay twice as much

Mike

·
Super Moderator
7,554 Posts
in NJ any out of state moving violation is 2 points on your NJ license. There are a few states that don't talk with NJ, but not many. I know NH doesn't, and I'm pretty sure CT doesn't either because I got a speeding ticket in CT and the points never showed up on my license.

Mike

·
Registered
425 Posts
I was wondering why I am starting to see so many. I drive on 130, 295 and 195 every day to work and back. I thought I was just being paranoid (cops like everywhere now!).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Kinda off topic, but those from Jersey where are all of you from. I'm from Lawrence, bout 7 minutes out of Trenton and Princeton.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Route 1 too

I saw a trooper stop a motorist on the northbound side of route 1 this week, so those guys are patrolling more than just the highways listed above.

Princeton.

·
Registered
271 Posts
kurzjunge said:
Kinda off topic, but those from Jersey where are all of you from. I'm from Lawrence, bout 7 minutes out of Trenton and Princeton.

In hamilton, right next to you practically....just a shot in the dark but do you go out with megan?

·
Super Moderator
7,554 Posts
kurzjunge said:
My dad lives in lawrenceville too. Right off of princeton pike. Who knew there were so many tccoa guys in that area. Right now I'm down in NC going to school, but I'll be back up there for a few weeks in june, then I'll be back up in october when I am done school. Good to know there are other tccoa guys in that area.

Mike

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm in Willingboro, usually don't have to tell people from SNJ where that's at (right now though I live in Philly). I work in Robbinsville, between Hamilton and Allentown.

·
Registered
57 Posts
MadMikeyL said:
My dad lives in lawrenceville too. Right off of princeton pike. Who knew there were so many tccoa guys in that area. Right now I'm down in NC going to school, but I'll be back up there for a few weeks in june, then I'll be back up in october when I am done school. Good to know there are other tccoa guys in that area.

Mike
Did you go to Lawrence High School?

·
Registered
271 Posts
mercoug302 said:
I'm in Willingboro, usually don't have to tell people from SNJ where that's at (right now though I live in Philly). I work in Robbinsville, between Hamilton and Allentown.
just curious where you work in robbinsville cause i work there too sorta

·
Super Moderator
7,554 Posts
kurzjunge said:
Did you go to Lawrence High School?
No. I lived with my mom when I was in high school, and I went to a private school anyway.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i live in saddle brook bergen county for those that have noclue where im @ (sad but alotta ppl have no clue even where paramus is) in the summers im down in pt.pleasent

1 - 19 of 19 Posts