TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a word of warning All the tulsa QuickTrip gasoline stations now have 10% ethanol in there gasolines. There is no law that says they have to disclose this. That is why they are cheaper than other stations because alcohol cost less than gas. The ethanol has only 2/3 the energy of gasoline and you will get 4% less mpg with gasoline that contains it. Also it will mess up your air fuel ratio and could cause your air fuel ratio to go lean which is a real danger if you use forced induction and you might have to compensate by adding 5% more fuel. It can also be harmful to seals in older carbueatored vehicles. Please call the QuickTrip corporate office in national office inTulsa and complain if you don't want this garbage in your gas. 918 615 7700.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I can't speak as the the QuikTrip in Tulsa thing, but can anyone else comment on the Alcohol/Gasoline issue?

·
Registered
740 Posts
It's actually mandatory for them to do that crap here in Houston. When I had my old truck, I found ONE gas station sliding under that did not have it. It was the only gas that would allow my truck to run right.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I thought that all gas had 10% ethanol by law.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts