TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were part of the design or engineering team that had developed your NM-12 what mechanical or cosmetic idea's might you have incorporated or included as options?

(For example) the 1996 T-Bird 4.6 Sport I used to own would have the following options: A 4.6 DOHC along with a 6 speed manual transmission, functional hood scoops similar to 2010 Pontiac GTO in order to help cool the engine; it's a simple design that already compliments the over-all aesthetic of the T-Bird in my opinion. The interior center brake light would be moved up to the headliner and the 96-97 side panels would be omitted.

·
Super Moderator
11,859 Posts
It would look and run like the new 2015 Mustang with IRS.

On a related note I got my first look at the new 2014 Corvette Stingray yesterday. I must say, I'm very impressed!

May be some thing like this ... give or take a detail or two here or there ....

·
Registered
202 Posts
Put a bird instead of a pony up front, and I'd buy one.

·
Super Moderator
7,476 Posts
1) Offer a manual transmission behind all engines, not just the SC
2) Re-design gas tank and rear floor area to avoid driveshaft going over top of the gas tank
3) Twin-piston PBR brakes with 4-wheel discs standard, with 17" wheels and 13" Cobra style brakes on SCs and Sport birds.

There is plenty of other stuff I would do to my own personal cars including more power, lowering the car, weight reduction, improved stereo, etc. but the above 3 are things that I think could have been done at the factory that would have improved the car without driving costs up much and without alienating any buyers.

·
Registered
531 Posts
A better automatic transmission option than a 470RW.

A more robust radio receiver with 6 speakers. CD changer option.

The 1986 RX-7 I owned in the mid 1990's had a much better stereo with a built-in equalizer.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Better stock stereo, more robust 4r70w, true dual exhaust, manual transmission option for all models.

Gas shocks for the rear deck lid, more room around the oil filter area. Two section driveshaft (so each shaft is shorter for more sustained higher speeds). Real cup holders. ARC like that found in the S/C and Mk VIII.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Manual transmission option, Remote oil filter like my 98 F-150 had, more powerful V8 engine.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I never gave it too much thought until now, but I have to say I really like some of the ideas mentioned already!

I'd have to say:
Manual trans option which includes a significant upgrade to diff mounts and cover.
3rd brake light moved up high.
The ability to run Big Boy gears without shredding a speedo gear or having a Speedcal.
One piece aluminum driveshaft.
2 cat (not 3 or 4) dual exhaust.
SVO supercharger option.
4r70w design is fine but all the reliability/performance updates need to be in place from factory.
Taillight panels need to be easily repairable for burnt leds or lights.
Additional external trans cooler from factory.

·
Super Moderator
16,743 Posts
Stereo delete
A/C delete
Roll up windows
Console delete
13" brakes standard
5 speed standard(shushbox optional)
AWD aluminum K member and L arm front suspension(without AWD)
LED taillights for Cougars
Some sort of bodyside sculpting other than rub strips
Folding side mirrors

I wouldn't change a thing looks wise, if I wanted a clapped out Mustang with a Thunderbird emblem I'd buy a Mustang and put a Thunderbird emblem on it:tongue: And that rendering is fugly.

·
Administrator
7,996 Posts
And that rendering is fugly.
How about a Mustang with a Cougar emblem on it?! :D :zwall:

Mark VIII aluminum rear suspension pieces in all cars.
Dump the 3.8L and have all V8 cars.
Larger brakes and 17" wheels.

Joe

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Like this?

Yes!!!!

But no thanx on it on the bloated next gen p<strike>h</strike>ony car.:D
Best Fox interior.....ever! :D

·
&#775;
3,702 Posts
Privacy Glass

"Real" Dual Exhaust System with H-Pipe

5 x 4.50" lug pattern

"Lower" K-Member

Fuel Pump "Service Cover"

31-Spline Half Shafts/Diff

Just to name a few.. :D

Rayo..

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Turbo 4, 300 I-6 and 3.8 SC engines only and AWD option.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts