TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any suggestions on what coil to change to, it is time to change the dumb old stock ones....I think I have one that is going bad ...the engine misses under load sometimes but goes away.....really weird....any ideals?????.....I have a 96 tbird with the 4.6........PI intake, msd wires, k&n....no silencer.....new plugs, new tps, new iac..................????

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my plug wires are almost new they are msd 9.0mm

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The plugs themselves as well as wires could be the prob... I'd get a new factory one, swap it out, first one side then the other, and if no improvement, youre out only the cost of one coil , and have a backup diagnostic part....Whatever do not buy red ones no matter how strong the temptation

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The red what??

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
91bluecoupe said:
The red what??
Coils! .... MSC coils to be specific, there , I said it, but theyre still a dirty word in my house:D

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
The red ones are made by MSD.

There is no benefit to any after market coil.

The only thing I would do as far as better ignition, is get a DIS 4, made by MSD.

There are paeople running 800hp plus, with the stock ignition, and also with the DIS 4 of course.

·
Registered
332 Posts
hmmm 800 horses in my T-bird...:D ... now that is a dream of mine. Every time u hit the gas you have to be put in a neck brace. Yes Sir that's the life.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts